THIRTY

*WARNING FOR SUICIDE MENTION*

The letter wrote;

Aria,

This is something more than the war. Power. Our friendship with the Blacks have been severed. We are now fighting for The Dark lord's most prized followers. You will no longer see both the Black children. It is forbidden. We are no longer colleagues but competitors.

Aurora Sterling.

Regulus' letter was similar though written by his own Mother, forbidding him from speaking with her.

"Whoa" Regulus said, letting a breath he didn't know he was holding in.

"Ya," she exhaled, "whoa."

~

To make sure the the Black's and Sterling's were not conversing, their mothers 'hired private spies'. They were students like no other. Blackmailed by the powerful women, their were instructed to keep a 'good eye' on the lot.

For the week following the arrival of the letters, the three had not spoken a word. Sirius inevitably received a letter, most likely not a nice worded one as Regulus'.

It was now late November and Aria found her N.E.W.Ts to be quite distracting. She spent numerous hours bundled up in the library, books scattered across the table in front of her so she would.t have to think about her forbidden friendships.

Thinking about not being able to see them just made her want to do it even more.

If one of her trustworthy spies were to have caught Aria in close proximity to one of the Black's, they would inevitably let the mothers know.

God knows what she would do to me if she found out, Aria found herself thinking as she tried to complete her astrology chart.

"Aria" Regulus said one day as she maid her way to the Potion's classroom.

"Please Regulus," she strutted forward, "Go, before anyone sees us."

He obliged, stopping in his tracks and letting her go forward into the room, alone.

He had to deal with this too. Aria wasn't the only one feeling separated, Regulus had lost one of his greatest friend and being underaged too only added to the issue at hand.

Sirius had tried to approach a plethora of times in the Gryffindor common room but Aria did her best to ignore him.

It's for his better, she kept repeating, he was in this too!

~

After a total of three weeks of complete and utter disconnection between the three, Aria finally decided to go where she solved most of her problems. The Astronomy Tower.