TWENTY-SIX

It had been a total of two weeks that Aria had spent inside the lonely and abandoned Mansion

It had been a total of two weeks that Aria had spent inside the lonely and abandoned Mansion. She rarely ever saw Tom excluding nightfall when she would be face to face with the man at supper time or would be side by side, awkwardly trying to fall asleep next to the murderer.

She spent her lonely time wandering the manor, reading wizard books found in the library, or cloud gazing. However, she never truly felt alone. It seemed as if Tom didn't trust her. Even though she rarely saw Riddle, she saw plenty of his followers. His two prominent Death Eaters, the ones always picking up Aria at the station, were always by her side. The poor women couldn't even use the lavatory by herself. Rosier, Evan's mother, would enter the restroom and wouldn't even bother to turn around.

All in all, there wasn't much time for conversations with her friends. The two-way mirror stayed hidden in the bottom of her suitcase. Every night at eight pm sharp, the two Marauder boys would look into the mirror to only find their reflections.

One day, while Rosier was busy in a meeting with the other fellow Death Eaters and the other, unknown Death Eater was busy scolding the house elves, Aria managed to sneak up into her shared room with Tom.

"Hello?" she asked the shard of mirror.

Although it was not yet eight pm, she hoped the boys were able to hear her. 

"Is anyone there? Hello?" she asked again. 

"Aria?" came the familiar, croaky voice of James. 

"Its me" she whispered.

"Are you alright?" Said Sirius, taking the mirror from James and looking at Aria himself through the mirror.

"I'm fine," she replied, dimly, "Look-"

"We know" James said,  coming to stand behind Sirius to peer at the sullen girl.

"You can't marry him!" Sirius said, "You absolutely can't"

"It's not really your decision to make, is it?" she dryly said.

"So you want to marry Lord Volde-"

"Shhhhh, " she said, looking to make sure no one was around, "Obviously I don't want to but I have no choice."

"There is always a choice," said the optimistic James Potter. 

"Not this time, James," She looked down at her feet, avoiding the boys' eyes, "I'm not of age yet so I can't use magic and run away."

"And even if I did, he would find me," she stopped for dramatic effect, "and kill me."

The three were silent for a few fleeting seconds before Sirius spoke up;

"Look,  we have to convince you not to-"

"There is no convincing left to do, Sirius. No one will change my mind," she said before quickly adding, "Someones coming, I gotta go, bye. Love you all."