FORTY-ONE

"I'm keeping the baby!" scream-whispered Aria, squished in a tiny, broom closet

"We've established that!" retorted Sirius, towering over the brunette, "What you need to figure out is what you're doing after the baby is born and keep your voice down! They're all outside probably listening in."

Sirius pointed at the door of which on the other side lay Lily, Marlene, Mary, Andrew and the other Marauders.

"I can't keep it after it's born" Aria said, a tip of remorse on her tongue.

"Why not?" Sirius said, finding Aria's hand and squeezing it with his, "We can raise it together. And Regulus too if that's what you want."

"Are you kidding!" Aria shouted, quickly covering her mouth with her hand and then adjusting her voice, "Were only 18! we can't have and raise a child. Plus, there's a war out there. A war that we're fighting in! We can't raise a child and defeat Voldemort at the same time."

"So what do we do?"

"We put them up for adoption."

"It's for the best isn't it?" Sirius asked, letting Aria's hand drop down to her side.

"Yeah. They'll be better off with a loving family anyways" Aria said, head low, averting eyes.

"You have to tell them though" said Sirius.

"Who?"

"Them" Sirius said, opening the door to the group of teens who all had glasses in their ears against the door and guilty smiles plastered on their youthful faces.

~

"So," began Aria, leading the group of teens over to the kitchen, " as you all have undoubtedly heard-"

"You're pregnant!" squealed Mary, jumping up and down.

"Yes..." said Aria, "we're pregnant."

"Oh, how exciting!" Lily blushed, "When are you due?"

"This September" Sirius chimed in, smirk playing at his lips.

"September!" said James, "That's so soon. Doesn't it take nine months or something?"

"Yes it does," Aria said, "Sirius, would you mind doing the honors?"

The teens stood back as Sirius took out his wand and took off the disillusionment charm. In an instant, Aria's stomach tripled, revealing a baby-sized bump.

"You hid it from us!" Remus said, mock tears welling up in his eyes.

"It was the only thing we could do until we made up our minds" Aria said.

"Well have you then?" Marlene chirped in, "made up your minds?"

"Yes" Sirius said, glancing sympathetically towards Aria.