TWENTY-THREE

The rest of the month of May was spent trying to organize all of Aria's thoughts

Am I truly friends with Regulus Black now?

I have to start studying for the practice Potion N.E.W.T!

Do I fancy Andrew Carden?

When is lunch?

Did Sirius Black seriously ask me out? AGAIN!

I love the name Narcissa. Has a nice ring to it.

"Are you even paying attention to me?" Marlene interrupted Aria's thoughts as the pair sat alone in the Gryffindor common room, chilling.

"What? Ya, of course." she replied, sipping her hot, caramel-coloured coffee.

"Really? What did I just say?" the blonde asked.

"Er... that you love quidditch?" she asked more than told.

"WRONG! I was telling you that Emmeline Royce was caught snogging some random Hufflepuff boy. Apparently, he was 4 years younger!" she said, with an evil, gossiping glint in her eyes, "But what's got your wand in a knot?"

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking" Aria shrugged.

"Thinking about your mysterious date with a special Black?" Marlene mused, giggling.

"What?" Aria said, spilling the steaming liquid all over her white, collard shirt and checking to make sure no one was in the room.

"Oh don't act so surprised, it's only a matter of time before you're 'accidentally' pushed down a a set of moving stairs by the jealous fan group of Sirius."

Aria let out an exasperated sigh, glad that Marlene was speaking of the older Black brother and not her study session with Regulus.

"Why? Did you think I meant some other Black?" Marlene asked, intrigued, "Are you fraternizing with the enemy Regulus Arcturus Black?"

"What? No!" Aria frantically covered up, trying to wipe the stain off her freshly steamed shirt.

"OMG!" Marlene said in her usual, high-pitched, scream-like tone, "Are you dating both the Black brothers at the same time?"

"NO, of course not," Aria said truthfully, "I'm just studying with Regulus"

"WHAT!" Marlene said as Aria slapped her palm on her face regretting letting that last remark slip.

"It's nothing" the brunette muttered.

"NOTHING! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE 'STUDYING' WITH REGULUS!" Marlene expressed.

"It's nothing" Aria repeated.

"Why, when, where, and how?" said Marlene.

"Because I need help with Potions, tonight at 7, astronomy tower, and because he asked to help" Aria responded, fiddling with her fingers.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Because I don't want everyone to know. Promise not to tell?"

"Promise."

~

It was now 6:43 pm and Aria found herself effortlessly walking up the winding staircase that led to the Astronomy tower. As she entered the round room, she was greeted with the familiar back profile of Regulus Black. He was too consumed in organizing his notes to even notice her. presence.

"Hey, you're here early" she said, climbing over the mess of scattered paper.

"Holy, you scared me," he laughed, handing her a cold coffee, "been here since 5 going through all my assignments and stuff."

"But you're a year younger, how do you have assignments if you haven't even started the 6th year work?" she asked, helping to sort.

"Summers can be pretty boring, especially with mum yelling at Sirius, so, I like to get ahead, do advanced homework and such," he stated, "that's how I can tutor you, because i've already done all the work"

"Hmmm" was all she could say as she pondered the word tutor.

So this truly was a tutor session and not an excuse to hang out, she thought.

"Should we get started?" he asked, removing the pencil he had placed between his ear and head and began to jot down notes.

The two studied all potions from the simple sleeping draught all the way to the difficult potion of Amortentia. Soon, dusk fell and the two found themselves alone in the dark astronomy tower overlooking the swaying Black Lake and the beautiful stars in the sky.

"You wanna take a break?" the raven-haired boy asked.

"Sure" Aria said, standing from her spot and making her way to the railing.

Regulus followed, stepping over the railing easily, sitting on the metal bar and dangling his feet above the Hogwarts ground. He placed his hand out as Aria took his offer and was able to successfully sit next to him. The wind allowed the beautiful brown locks of hair to jostle behind her as the moonlight highlighted her features.

"You look pretty tonight" he said, starring at her intensely.

Aria took note of his constant, withering stare and kept her focus upward towards the constellations.

"Thanks" she muttered

"How is it we always manage to watch the starry night together?" he asked, not removing his gaze from her tanned skin and high cheekbones.

"Don't you remember?" she teased, "It's our little obsession."

"Haha," he laughed, finally looking up at the shimmering stars, "I remember alright. One of the best nights of my life."

Finally, Aria's bright, green eyes met the familiar icy, blue ones. Before she could process a response, Regulus leaned in, brushing his lips against hers. The kiss wasn't fierce but also wan't a tiny peck. After the shock, Aria relaxed, allowing herself to simultaneously move her lips with his. After a couple of seconds, Aria pulled away, her lips red and swollen.

"That was-" she began.

"Something," he responded, getting down from the bar and helping her down too, "Better be off to bed. Don't want Filch catching us at this hour."

The two walked silently and awkwardly towards the staircases where they finally had to part.

"Good night, gorgeous" he said, kissing her hand and going down towards the dungeons as Aria made her way up toward the Gryffindor common room.

All she could think about was the fact that the upcoming ball was going to be a real treat considering she was going with the older Black when she had just kissed the younger.

"God help me" she muttered as she entered the portrait hole and silently went to bed, dozing off into a deep slumber filled with many dreams and omens.