Chapter 4

Walking to Lady Artemis's camp was a little bit unnerving. Everyone was staring at her, some had looks of confusion, curiosity, and wonder - but Abby soon pushed it to the side fairly used to all of this – yet she hoped that this would not be the norm.

"So, is it normal for everyone to stare when you walk through the camp, or are they just staring at me?" Abby asked Lady Artemis in curiosity.

"I believe it would be both, the campers from camp half-blood are curious about both you and I, while my girls are just confused – they did not believe I would be returning with a potential sister." Artemis answered softly.

"So, this will not keep happening when I walk around?" Abby asked worried.

"I will talk to the girls – give them just enough information on who and what you are. You can in time tell them your own story." Lady Artemis said calmly before continuing. "The campers on the other hand will keep doing it, not just with you but with all my girls, but I will speak to Chiron to put a stop to it."

"No, milady it is fine – please do not go out of your way just for me. I am kind of used to it, it happened a lot in Hogwarts, one moment I am their hero, the next the enemy." Abby said softly.

"Okay, that is something I will need more information on." Lady Artemis said concerned. "But first I need to deal with what happened here tonight before I found you."

"Okay, milady." Abby said quietly.

Walking into Lady Artemis' tent was an awe-inspiring yet beautiful site. These magical tents were not something new to Abby, but Lady Artemis' tent was something totally different.

The inside of the tent was warm and comfortable. Silk rugs and pillows were strewn all over the floor – indicating it as a place to sit and talk in comfort. In the center of the tent was a golden brazier of fire burning bright – the fire was burning without fuel or smoke. There in the center back of the room stood Lady Artemis's huge silver bow proudly on display. The walls were covered with animal pelts; black bear, tiger, and several others to name a few. In the middle of all the pelts was a deer with glittering fur and silver horns waiting patiently for its mistress to return. In the far corner stood Zoe gazing at what looked like a strategies table. Bianca stood quietly next to Zoe waiting for Lady Artemis to return.

"Ah, Zoe and Bianca good you are here." Lady Artemis said while taking a seat next to her beautiful deer.

"Milady, who might this be?" Zoe asked, indicating towards Abby.

"This, Zoe, is Abigail Potter – she will be joining the hunt tonight." Lady Artemis said before turning to Abby. "Abby, this is Zoe Nightshade my lieutenant."

"Hello Zoe, it is nice to meet you." Abby said timidly while giving a slight wave. "Milady, do you wish that I wait outside of the tent while you deal with what happened before I arrived?" Abby asked softly as she turned back to her soon to be Lady.

"No, I would like you to stay." Artemis said softly, feeling the need to keep Abby close.

"If you wish it, milady." Abby said with a small smile.

"Zoe, go and collect the son of Poseidon, we need to have a conversation." Lady Artemis requested from Zoe.

~~~~~~

It took Zoe a few moments to return with the boy, yet Abby did not notice the length of time as her mind was on her past.

"Ah, Percy Jackson. Come join us." Lady Artemis said as she noticed Zoe and the boy entering the tent breaking Abby from her thoughts.