Chapter 1

Abby Potter was having a really bad day, and that is saying something. It has only been 3 days since she returned from her disastrous fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Abby hated that she had to return to her relatives, the Dursleys. Abby wondered why she was back in this hell hole, she should be with Sirius after all her godfather's name was cleared after the tournament and yet the Headmaster and the ministry refused her request to live with Sirius, believing that her relatives were the safest option, if only they knew.

Abby experienced more than most in her young life, so much more than any average child. Her relatives despise her very existence, to them she is nothing but a freak, a waste of space that should have died with her parents. This was one of the main reasons that Abby never experienced love, she experienced nothing but cruelty. Because of this, Abby built a wall around her heart so strong that very few will be able to penetrate, this was how she protected herself.

She hoped that her day would not get any worse. For Abby was already in a world of pain and it was only the morning of day 3, oh how she hated this place. Her Uncle Vernon has made it his life mission to harm her in any way possible since she returned from school - it was because of this that she hoped that he would leave her alone today – yet Abby knew that it would be a fool's dream.

Abby was laying on her very lumpy bed within her bedroom on the second floor when her Uncle stormed in. She knew immediately that she was about to receive a world more pain by the look on her Uncle's face alone. Vernon advanced on her rather quickly with one of his favorite weapons he liked to beat her with, which happened to be a fire poker, raising it high in the air to start his favorite pastime.

The first blow came hard and fast, throwing her off her bed and into a wall. "This is only the beginning..." he said in sadistic glee; "You think you can ruin my life and get away with it?! Well, I'll show you..." Vernon grabbed her by the scarf of her neck and dragged her out of the room to the one place that was renovated into a torture chamber while she was at school.

Vernon violently slammed Abby into the doorframe of the cupboard under the stairs, which was the newly renovated torture chamber. Abby closed her eyes as she cried out in pain when she felt the locks of the door cut into her back and neck.

"P p please uncle." Abby begged, voice weak but full of pain.

Of course, he ignored his niece as he dragged her into the middle of the room before chaining her hands above her head forcing her to hang. He knew that this would cause the most pain after all he had a lot of time researching it.

"Isn't it enough that we had to put up with you and your freakiness for all these years, now you had to go and ruin my promotion!!" Vernon roars before he brings down the poker onto her elbow, hard snapping the bone.

Abby bit down hard hoping to stop her scream of pain, knowing from experience that this monster enjoys her screams. This will be the worst beating she will receive from him that is for sure.

Vernon brought down the poker five more times in quick succession before walking to the back of the room to get his lead lined boxing gloves. This was also one of his favorites to use, hoping to break at least seven of Abby's ribs.

Abby was already in an unbearable amount of pain and not even five minutes had passed, taking a few moments to reprieve while her Uncle went to get his next favorite weapon, she retreated within her mind hoping that this would protect her from this. Abby went and searched for her godfather's last message before returning to the House of Horrors.

The moment Vernon returned to go ahead with his favorite pastime, he noticed that his niece was not with him. This happens a few times before and he knew from experience that burning her flesh would bring her back to the present. Walking to her back Vernon brought his third favorite weapon, the flaming hot iron onto her back causing her to jerk and scream in pain, oh how he relishes this.

Vernon brought the hot iron down onto Abby's back before walking around to her front with his boxing gloves on. "You really thought you could hide from the pain?" he asked with glee as he brought his boxing gloves down hard into her side breaking her ribs in the process.

Abby was never in so much pain in her life, even the basilisk venom was nothing compared to this. She was truly terrified, believing that her uncle will likely kill her today.

Suddenly a truly dark expression took hold of Vernon, he knew that there was only one way left to completely break his niece and he will gladly do it after all her pain is a gift from god to him. He was going to take the last of her innocents after all his wife was not here to stop him, oh how much fun he is about to have.

"You think you can use your freakiness against me, well you have another thing coming!" Vernon said gleefully towards the terrified young teenager as he undid his pants dropping it to the floor, followed with his underwear.

Abby was beyond terrified right now, never had she experienced her uncle like this before. She had to get away and quick – but how, she could hardly move after all she was chained and in unbearable amount of pain.

Little did she or her uncle know that the warning Sirius mentioned was about to happen. She always knew that she would go through a creature inheritance at 17 as Sirius informed her that all female Potter would have creature inheritance, what he failed to mention was that the inheritance will take place earlier if she was in an unavoidable amount of danger.

In his approach to take what was his, according to Vernon's sick and twisted mind, he failed to notice that Abby's creature inheritance activated. He failed to see how the shadows seemed to gather around her hang bleeding form, or how her burgundy-colored tidy hair changed to a wild untameable mane pitch black hair that reached her lover back, or how her ears changed to that of a wolfs of how she all the sudden grew a wolf like tail from her tailbone, or her eyes turning from her original emerald green to a beautiful amber gold. This change also took care to heal all her broken bones but could not heal any scars.

No, the thing Vernon noticed, was the pain as his neck was all but torn into after Abby broke free from the chains. Vernon only lasted long enough to fall to the ground before death consumed him.

Abby suddenly felt weak in her knees as she finally registered what had happened. She was never violent in the past but now she has killed someone, never mind that he was nothing but a monster that took great pleasure out of hurting her. No, in her mind's eye she truly became someone she had feared, she became a monster.

With that thought in mind, young Abby's new creature instincts took over as she disappeared into the shadows, never to return to this place she always saw as the House of Horrors.