Chapter 6 ~ Creature in the Library

Start from the beginning

We stare at it in shock.

"Are you gonna say something, or shall I?" He asks

"You can speak," Merlin says in shock.

"You're a sharp one," The creature says; he starts stretching. "I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to do that," He bends back. "And that," He stretches his arms up. "And this!"

"Shh-shh-shh!" Merlin says.

I was still in shock from seeing a green creature jump out of a box.

"I have been squished and squashed inside that box for more than 50 years!" He exclaims. "Time to have some fun,"

He jumps up onto the shelf and starts knocking things off "Whoo-Hoo."

Merlin and I stand up. A jug flies at Merlin, and he catches it.

"There you go," He says.

"Just have fun quietly," I say; a jug flies at me. I hit it to the floor. "Very quietly."

He keeps on throwing things at Merlin and me. 

He starts pushing a black vase. "Uh-oh." 

"No," Merlin and I say.

Merlin sighs. "You are gonna get us both into serious trouble." 

"Oh-oh," He pushes it off the edge. "Oh!" It hits the floor. "Oh, dear, what a shame. Never mind."

Merlin looks at the broken vase then back at the creature. "Right, that's it. You're going back in  that box while we work out what to do with you." 

He sighs, "Oh, all right. If I really must," He jumps off the shelf and walks to the box; he whimpers. He stops by the box and looks at us.

"In!" I say.

He jumps onto the box, "Ha Ha! Fooled you!" He jumps up onto Merlin's head and pats him on the cheek.

"Stop messing around!" Merlin hisses.

I sigh. "I swear it's like looking after a two-year-old." 

Merlin and I slowly follow the noise of stuff breaking; we walk around the corner and see the creature exploring inside a chest he was throwing stuff out.

"Nah." He grabs another thing and chucks it, "Nah." 

Merlin grabs a piece of scrap cloth.

"Nah," He throws another thing. "Maybe. Nah." 

A thing flies back and almost hits me and Merlin; we quickly step away.

Merlin edges closer, "Got you." 

Merlin jumps forward and grabs the creature in the cloth. The creature was grunting and struggling; I kneel and help Merlin. Suddenly the cloth falls to the ground like there was nothing in it.

Merlin and I look down at the cloth; he feels the cloth. The creature was gone. Merlin lifts it, and a gold shiny floating thing emerges. It sounded like the creature; it flew away, and through a gap in the wall out to the library's rest.

"No!" Merlin says.

"Ah geez," I say.

Merlin and I jump out and go back to the main library. Merlin and I were looking around for the creature when I feel a book hit my back; one also hit Merlin.

"Bull's eye!" The creature exclaims.

"Someone's going to see you." Merlin hisses.

"Really?" Some books fly at us. We dodge them. "I'm just having a little tidy-up. You wanna get rid of all this nasty mess up here," 

Many books fly at Merlin; he gave up on flicking them away. He just ducked under his arms.

"Nobody's had a brush up here for years! Look at it... It's all old." The creature says. 

The books stop flying. Merlin stands up and looks at the creature. I look at the pile of books and see the book Gaius wanted.

"Right, that's enough. I'm off." The creature jumps off the shelves and runs away.

Merlin bends and grabs the book Gaius needs, and we run after the creature. We get to the area by the librarian, we hit the breaks, and he looks at us. Merlin and I smile innocently at him.

"Found it," Merlin says.

"Ah," The librarian says.

Merlin and I casually walk out of the library; there was a huge mess when we get out.

"Well, this will be easy. Just follow the trail of things on the floor," I say 

Merlin and I follow the trail; it leads straight to Arthur's room. The creature groans, and we hear a clatter.

"No, no, no, no," Merlin says and quickly walks into the room.

I follow behind him; the place was trashed.

"He's as bad as Arthur," I say.

Merlin chuckles, and we walk to the noise of the creature. He was under the bed.

"None under here either." He exclaims.

Merlin and I rush forward and kneel by the bed, I look under, and there was nothing under there.

"Merlin, Olivia," 

Merlin and I look back and see Arthur.

"I really hope for your sake, you have a good explanation for this," Arthur says.

 Merlin looks around the room and back at Arthur.

"We do have an explanation, and Olivia will be more than happy to tell you." Merlin pats me on the shoulder.

We both stand up.

"Yes, well... We are spring cleaning," I say 

"It isn't spring," Arthur says "And it certainly isn't clean," 

I open my mouth and close it again. 

"Yes, well, I... Merlin." I say 

"It isn't clean because we've only just started," Merlin says.

I look at the door and see it open; I hear tiny footsteps run out.

"Yeah, you wait until we finish. You'll be able to eat your dinner off the floor." Merlin says.

Arthur had such a confused look on his face.

I look at Merlin. "Not that he'd want to,"

There was a loud clattering outside; Arthur turns and looks at the door.

He turns, "What was that?" 

Merlin and I push past him.

"Why don't we go and see, and you can make yourself comfortable," Merlin says.

We run out the door and follow the noise of the creature. It was in Morgana's room.

"Nearly Nearly," The creature says. He keeps saying nearly every time he throws a piece of jewellery out of Morgana's case.

He was holding Morgana's bracelet. The creature sniffs it.

"Hmm... "  The creature says.

"No!" Merlin and I say.

The creature looks back at us. "Oh!" 

He runs to the window and jumps out with Morgana's bracelet. Merlin and I run to the window and look out; the creature was nowhere to be seen. Merlin runs to pack away the jewellery, and I close the window. I turn around and see Gwen watching Merlin; she clears her throat. Merlin spins around. He was holding a necklace close to his neck.

"I'm really not sure it suits you, Merlin," Gwen says.

I put my hand over my mouth to try not to laugh. Merlin quickly drops the jewellery back into its box.

"We have to go," Merlin says.

He gets up and walks to the door.

"See you around, Gwen," I say. I quickly follow Merlin out the door.