Chapter 25: Mudbloods and advice

Start from the beginning

"You wouldn't ever call me a freak, would you Theo," I asked the foal as he nuzzled into me. "That's what I thought and I love you too, Theo. But if I can be honest with you, Theo, I honestly don't think Cedric meant those words he said. I don't know what happened, but that wasn't him. But I just don't have the courage to figure out what it was that made him act like that. I guess that's why the sorting hat didn't put me in Gryffindor. But do you know what I'm scared about most, Theo? What if his change in attitude has something to do with my powers? I can feel them getting stronger and it scares me. That's why I've cut myself off from everyone, I don't want anyone else to end up being hurt because of me. But I'll never push you away, Theo. You know who I am and what I'm capable of and you won't turn away from me, would you Theo."

I sat there talking to Theo for around half an hour before I realised that Hagrid was watching me from the stoop of his hut. It wasn't until I heard him clear his voice to get my attention that I noticed him watching me.

"Why don't yeh come in and have a cup o' tea while we have a talk," games keeper asked me with a warm smile on his face.

Gently lifting Theo, who had fallen asleep, head off my lap and settled him back down, I followed Hagrid inside to where he already had the kettle on the fire. As I sat down at the table, Freddie scurried down off my arm to sit on the table so he could get some attention from Hagrid.

"Okay, Elsa. Why don't yeh tell me what's happen' startin' from the begin'," Hagrid said, placing a cup of tea down in front of me as everything that has happened came pouring out.

"Now yeh definitely right, that don't sound like Cedric at all. But I can understand why yeh hesitant to talk to anyone 'bout it. Why don't ya talk to yeh uncle Loki and maybe he can find somethin' out," Hagrid told me as I looked up at him shocked, no one was meant to know that we related. Seeing the shocked look on my face, Hagrid's let out a little laugh. "Trust me, Elsa. I know everythin' that goes on round this place. But don't yeh worry, yeh secrets safe with me."

Suddenly the door to Hagrid's flew open to show Harry, who was dressed in his quidditch uniform, and Hermione who were carrying a very sick looking Ron. His face had lost all its colour and looked like he was going to be sick. Noticing the large wooden bucket in the corner of the room, Ron ran over to it and proceeded to cough up a mouth full of slugs.

 Noticing the large wooden bucket in the corner of the room, Ron ran over to it and proceeded to cough up a mouth full of slugs

"What happened?" I asked the three Gryffindor's as I ran to Ron's side to comfort him.

"I tried to..." Ron began to say before bringing up more slugs.

"He tried to cures someone and it back fired," Harry finished for his friend as Ron continued to bring up slugs.

"Better out than in. Who was he tryin' ter curse anyway," Hagrid asked.

"Malfoy. He called Hermione, well I, I don't know exactly what it means..." Harry said, looking over at his bushy haired friend who was close to tears.