"Really? She really said that?", Fola nodded.

"Unbelievable. I want you to help me beg her to forgive me. She is requesting for a divorce. I never knew my actions were hurting the people I love the most. I thought I was doing the right thing."

"Dad, your wife is a rare gem. She understands you and even your silence. She's just mad at you, that's why she is acting that way. Just give her time, she will come around."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am or perhaps you should do something to win her back."

"Something like........."

"Fola, food is ready", Mrs. Obed interrupted coming into the sitting room with a plate of indomie and a cup of tea.

"I had to prepare indomie and egg because I was scared you will fall asleep if I take too much time in the kitchen. Oya omo mi, dide nile ko jeun(my daughter sit upright and eat)", she said helping her daughter up.

"Should I feed you?", her father asked as Mrs. Obed dropped the plate of indomie and egg in front of her daughter.

"Really dad? My hands are working perfectly well."

"You are rude just like your mother", he stated with humour.

Fola chuckled.

"What is that supposed to mean?", Mrs. Obed questioned feigning annoyance.

"Nothing dear wife", Mr. Obed said with a grin.

"Yeye man", she cursed and sat near her daughter.

"Daddy, how about the money you collected from your friend", Fola asked with mouthful.

"It's still in my account. I didn't touch it. He stopped sending it even before you were done with your second year. I guess he figured you were not taking the money from me even though he never asked me."

"How much is it?", she mumbled

"#850,000."

"Wao, that's alot. You should use it to start up a business", she told her father and continued eating.

"No", Mr. Obed and his wife chorused in disagreement.

They stared at each other and Mrs. Obed quickly looked away.

"Suprised, Fola asked: "Why?"

"Let's give it out to charity", her mother said.

"Do we even have enough to give to charity. Just use the money dad. He gave it to us, it's not as if we forced it out of him", Fola insisted.

"I insist we give it out to charity", Mrs. Obed uttered in a loud voice.

"What do you say dad?", Fola ignored her mother.

"I don't think your idea is a good one", her father remarked.

"So you want to support your wife abi? It's okay", Fola said as she finished off her food.

She sipped the tea and used it to take her drugs. Then she gulped down the remaining content and belched.

She laid back down on the bed and closed her eyes with one of her hand placed at the back of her head.

Her parents were silently watching her as she fell into a deep and peaceful slumber almost immediately.

********************
A WEEK LATER

"Rachel took us to the old man's house but we were unable to get a hold of him", the policeman reported to Femi.

He had been appointed the Assistant Commissioner of Police.