CHAPTER 28

"Femi, I am really proud of you. You did a great job", the D.P.O shook his hand.

"I did my best sir coupled with my colleagues' cooperation and assistance", he replied with modesty.

"There is every possibility that you will be promoted to the position of the Assistant Commissioner of Police", he said to Femi smilling.

"I pray and hope so", he smilled back sitting opposite the D.P.O.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you will get it because you deserve it."

"Alright. I have a good news for you though", he told the D.P.O with a smile.

"Really? What is the good news?", he asked with curiousity written all over him.

"We caught the police officer who took away the ransom", he announced happily.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"He is one of Mr. Garba's men and he disguised himself as a policeman just to get the money."

"What?"

*********************

Mrs. Balogun and Iremide were in the reception of the hospital waiting for Mrs. Obed who went to see the doctor. She was talking to her son when she saw Bolu's car driving in.

She looked on as the car drove in. Iremide noticed the distraction and stretched to get a view of the distraction.

"I thought you said she won't be coming today?", Iremide asked his mother.

"I thought so too", his mother said back.

"If we had known she would come, we would have waited for her to pick us up instead of taking a public transport", Iremide said as Bolu entered.

"Good morning mummy, good morning Iremide", she greeted with a smile.

"How are you doing my dear?", Mrs. Obed asked.

"I'm fine ma", she replied.

"I'm so sorry for your loss", she muttered.

"What loss?", Bolu questioned with a bewildered look.

**********************

"Thank you doctor for all you have done, I'm really grateful", Mrs. Obed thanked.

"It is my duty ma'am", he replied with a chuckle.

"I know it is your duty but it is very rare to see a doctor in this age and generation treating his patients without taking a dim from them before doing that."

"Its okay ma'am. Your daughter will be discharged tomorrow by God's grace but she will be on a wheelchair for a while. Probably 3-6 months depending on how fast her improvement is."

"Okay doctor. We will go to her school by next week so she can defer a semester."

"I will advice you to defer a session for her full recovery", he counselled.

"Alright doctor. How can we get the bill?"

"Ask the nurses at the reception for it", he replied her.

"Ok, we will pay the money today or tomorrow before we leave", she said standing up to go.

"Bye ma'am."

**********************

"Mummy, we've gotten the money back", Femi said passing the bag to Mrs. Balogun. "You can proceed to pay the bills while we return the rest of the money to Fola's father.