Chapter 10: Recovery

Kaminari’s P.O.V.
    I woke up in a different room I know I recognized the calming scent surrounding me, but I couldn’t pinpoint it I lifted my head to look around but all I had to do was look to the side a little before I met the gaze of the same purple-haired insomniac I had been avoiding for a while now, and he was just looking at me worry filling his gaze.  I smiled weakly at him trying to lighten the mood a bit. He gave me an unamused look and broke the silence.
(More dialogue S-Shinso K-Kaminari)
S: Why didn’t you say something?
I gave him a confused look trying to pretend I didn't know what he was talking about.
S: Don’t play dumb Kaminari why didn’t you tell me?
K: Because it didn’t matter you know who your soulmate is and me having feelings for you doesn’t change the fact you have someone else.  How strongly I feel for you doesn’t change anything.
I looked up at him, tears clouding my vision, then sat up completely facing away from him.
S: Denki?
I was shocked he never called me by my first name before, but I didn't turn around scared that if I saw his face there would be more flowers.
S: Please look at me.
He sounded so sad and sympathetic as if he was guilty, and I looked over my shoulder meeting his gaze, and saw tear-filled eyes.  He was crying.  But I didn't see sadness, I saw guilt and the smallest bit of hope.
K: What? 
He silently moved his sleeve up revealing a medium-sized lightning bolt centered on his wrist. I felt my chest tighten as the mark on my own wrist tingled lightly.
K: I-Is that real?
I was afraid that it was all just a trick as the tightness in my chest that had tormented me for months slowly released slightly, and I started feeling my breathing become normal.
S: Aizawa was here. He checked your soulmark, and we put two and two together… I'm so sorry I was just so focused on becoming a hero to prove all the people who had doubted me wrong I didn’t even consider how this could all affect you and I wish I had been more sensitive to your feelings I mean if I can’t even know my soulmate is slowly killing himself because of me how can I save people as a hero?
He was tearing up more and more while he went on speaking, never taking his eyes away from mine.  I just simply reached out and took his hand in mine and said the three simple words I knew he needed to hear, and I needed to say
K: I love you
His eyes widened slightly surprised though it seemed like a part of him wanted it and expected it, but he just sat there silent for a moment before saying.
S: I love you too.

The End.