28 | Elvira

"What are you doing here?" I ask straight away

"What are you doing here?" I ask straight away. His eyebrows raise in shock making me rephrase what I just said.

"I mean- hi Zane. What brings you here?" I end it with a smile. His eyes flicker around, not staying in one place before they do. On me.

He seems conflicted, almost struggling to tell me his reason of being here. He eyes look over my face noticing my make up before they trail down my length darkening at seeing the dress hugging my body figure.

I take this chance to look at him too and notice how he isn't wearing a suit this time, and he manages to look hauntingly hot. With a white t-shirt that hugs his torso, highlighting every muscle and black jeans and white trainers. He looks nothing but handsome. The whole outfit of his screams money and power, you can just tell by looking at him and see the difference between normal simple and expensive luxury clothing. 

Whatever it is, I know this man is going to make sure I fall for him. I already desire him, and he isn't helping the case with the way he is looking at me right now.

I quickly glance up at him and smirk when his eyes catch mine making him roll his eyes. 

"So?" I push further but he looks behind me.

"At least invite me in Violet," I frown in confusion but nod anyway.

"Just be careful of the stuff," I warn him as he walks inside and I shut the door.

He walks inside with that confidence again. I push all of my thoughts of him aside and follow him to the living room. Dropping my purse on the sofa, he stands there looking at my messy apartment that you can't even see the floor of. 

"Mind these things," I say as I avoid one of the boxes. 

He chuckles when flowers spill out of the box as my feet gets stuck on the ribbon of the box. Grumbling under my breath, I bend down to untie it from my ankle. Once done, I get up huffing.

"Ok. Right sorry about that," I turn to look at him to see an observant expression on his face as if looking for something. 

"I just found that it's your birthday today," I stiffen hearing that. My mind thinking of all the worse scenarios but then some different ones too. Like he came to wish me but why would he? He doesn't owe me anything. 

He looks to the side, my eyes falling on his strong jawline down to the veins on his neck. God. How does he make looking good so easy? He looks back at me and tilts his head.

"I didn't know that you were taking today off. Anyway, here is something that I want you to have." He shoves a small flat gift box in my hands when he fails to explain whatever he wants to say. I have a feeling it doesn't sound sincere, it just doesn't. 

I bite my lip in concentration looking at him. Seeing if there is anything but nothing. He just blankly looks at me yet there is something much more to this. I just know.