Before she could even reply, Luke and Michael come into the kitchen. 

"What's with all the yelling?" Michael asks. 

"Ask your whore of a sister." My mother says, sitting back in her chair. 

"Shut up, Mum! Don't call her that!" Michael yells at her. 

I honestly feel bad that Luke has to witness all of this.

"Why don't you just both get the fuck out of my house. Don't bother coming back. Leave me alone for good." My mother says, picking up the newspaper to read. 

"Maybe we will! Come on guys." Michael yells before storming out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

Luke and I quickly follow before Luke stops and turns around to face my mother. 

"Oh and for the record, your daughter is the furthest thing from a whore. You're lucky to have a daughter like her. It's a shame you don't see it." He says, before walking outside to Michael. 

I stand there stunned at what he had just said, and I can't help but smile at how he stuck up for me. I followed them both outside to see them standing on the driveway. 

"Let's go back to mine." Luke says. We nod and get into his car.

Not long after, we get to Luke's. He turns the car off and we all sit in silence for a couple of minutes, no one wanting to be the first to start a conversation after what just happened. Michael is the first to speak up. 

He turns around to face me, "You're not a whore."

"Thanks, Mikey." 

He gives me a small smile before facing forward again and rubbing his face with his hands. 

"I don't know what I'm gonna do once you go back to Melbourne. I can't stay with her." He groans. 

I put my hand on his shoulder, "We'll figure it out, Mikey. I won't go anywhere until I know you're okay."

"Yeah bro, if anything you can just live with me. Come on, let's just go inside and take our minds off everything." Luke says.

We all pile out of the car and walk inside Luke's. We all walk into his room and Michael walks directly over to the Xbox, turning it on and setting up Call of Duty. 

"Three player?" Michael asks, holding out two controllers for Luke and I. 

We take the controllers and sit on the bed. We are all playing silently for a while, before Luke speaks up. 

"You guys can stay here if you want." He says. 

"No it's okay we-" I start. 

"Come on, May. I'm not letting you guys go back to that house with your mother still there." Luke says. 

I sigh before nodding. 

"Thanks Man." Michael says, doing some sort of handshake with Luke. 

After a while, we shut off the game and go downstairs to where Luke's mum was. 

"Mum? Is it alright if Michael and May stay over for a couple of days? Their mum is kind of uh-" Luke says, not knowing how to say it. 

Liz seems to grasp what he means though. "Oh of course! You two are welcome to stay as long as you want to! Michael you can stay in Luke's room and May, you can sleep in our guest room." She says, giving us a warm smile. 

"Thank you so much, Mrs.Hemmings. I hope it's not too much of a bother." I say politely. 

"Nonsense, May! You guys are always welcome here. And I told you, call me Liz." She says coming towards me and giving me a hug. 

I smile. I find myself wishing I could have had a mother like Liz. She is always so caring. Luke is lucky to have her and he knows it. 

After dinner, we all go upstairs. I go into the guest room to get ready for bed while Luke and Michael go into Luke's room. I take my clothes off and put on only a long shirt that Luke let me borrow. It felt a bit odd wearing one of his shirts, but it was better than sleeping in jeans. I am just about to get into bed when I hear a knock on the door. I walk over and open it, revealing Luke.

"Hey I uh-" Luke starts, taking notice of me wearing his shirt. 

I cross my arms around my torso, trying to hide myself as much as possible. 

"I was just coming to check if you needed anything?" Luke asks me. 

"No, I'm alright."

He nods. "Alright well, good night." Luke says. 

"Night, Luke." I say, beginning to shut the door as he walks away.

He turns around again to face me. 

"Do you uh-wanna just come to my room? I mean , otherwise you'll be alone and Mikey and I will most likely be playing cod all night anyways." He says, rubbing the back of his neck, something I noticed he does when he was nervous. 

"Yeah, sure." I say, following him to his room.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N OKAY SO THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE GOOD SO GET READY