ch21; back to school

En başından başla

Marina chuckled, "I know, I know. I just like being home too."

"Good, you better"

Michael suddenly interrupted the conversation by singing along to the music and grabbing his wife's hand, twirling her around.

All Marina could do was laugh at her parents dancing around the kitchen and hoping that one day she and Remus could be just like them.

The platform was as crowded as ever, everyone who left for Christmas break now boarding the Hogwarts Express again.

Marina and Aurora walked through the barrier together, happily discussing their vacations. Aurora's parents were busy so she joined the Edmonds.

"Berlin is bloody amazing, I'm telling you Mars"

Aurora's parents were important people in the Ministry and were always working. So in order to make up for all the time spent away, they always took her on these lavish vacations.

"It sounds brilliant, all those museums"

"I was more excited about the clubs, but sure, the museums are pretty cool too"

Marina chuckled as they walked further onto the platform. They turned to Marina's parents and Marina said,

"Alright, we're going to board. Love you guys, see you at graduation"

"Thank you for driving me here, Mr and Mrs Edmonds"

"No problem sweetie. Guess next time we'll see you too will be at graduation"

Aurora squealed, causing Marina to laugh.
"I'm so excited! I can't wait to start living my life"

Marina rolled her eyes at her friend, knowing well that she doesn't have a plan at all.

"Bye mum and dad, I'll send many letters, I promise"

She was buried in a massive hug by her mother, which she happily returned. After she was finally let go, she gave her father a final kiss on his cheek and boarded the train.

The two girls found an empty compartment and settled down. The train made it's final whistle as it started departing. The girls gave one more wave towards Marina's parents trough the window before sitting back down in their seats.

Just as they were about to start their conversation, the compartment door slid open. Francisco stood leaning against the doorframe as he looked at Marina with a smirk.

"What? Don't I get a hug?"

Marina just rolled her eyes and chuckled as he sat down next to her and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Drama queen", she said but embraced him anyway.

He then turned to Aurora, who sat in front of them.

"Sup Rory, had a good Christmas?"

A blush rose to her cheek as she tried to suppress a smile and shrugged,

"I guess"

Marina sat up straighter and looked and her friend accusingly,

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

Marina just narrowed her eyes teasingly and pointed a finger at Aurora.

"You getting all flustered"

"Wha- I didn't get flustered!"

"You so-"

Marina was interrupted when the compartment door slid open once again, this time Oliver stood in the opening with an overly excited grin on his face.

"Hello everybody, everybody had a good winter break I hope?", he said as he sat down next to Aurora, suspiciously close.

Marina and Francisco shared a knowing look, before turning to the two others again.

"What?", Oliver said.

"Nothing, nothing", Francisco said, as he held his hands up in mock surrender.

Oliver just gave the two in front of him one last look, before starting an excited conversation about Quidditch. Although they had lost the game against Hufflepuff in November, due to the dementors and Harry falling off of his broom, Oliver had hope in his team that they'd still bring back home the trophy.

After a few hours, Marina had fallen asleep in Francisco's arms, who was reading a book and Aurora and Oliver were in their own world, talking about god knows what.

It was a fairly event less train ride, except when Fred and George let out a stink bomb in one of the girls bathrooms.

And before they knew it, the train arrived at Hogsmeade station again.

omg omg omg, 13k reads!!!! aaaaaaaahh thank you so muchhh. this is crazy. thank you for all the votes and comments, i love you all <3