Chapter Seven - Ethan's POV

Start from the beginning

All you ladies pop yo' pussy like this.

I bit down hard on my bottom lip to contain in my laughter. Unsurprisingly, every head in the room swerved towards Mia, and she completely froze. All color drained from her face, and her complexion turned chillingly white.

Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss

This lyric seemed to break her free from her paralyzed state, and she hurdled herself towards her bag. And, I truly mean hurdled – the girl quite literally threw herself to the ground on her hands and knees. I watched in shock as she scrambled to open her backpack as though her life depended on it. I wasn't sure whether to laugh, cry or die as she started flinging out books in a desperate attempt to get to her phone.

 And at that precise moment, it made so much sense why she persisted in telling me she hated me. Like, I truly got it.

Lick my pussy and my crack

At this point, I could feel my shoulder start to shake, and I was chomping so hard down on my bottom lip that I fear I was drawing blood. I knew I was being shitty for finding humor in this, but it was so fucking funny.

Finally, Mia managed to gain possession of her phone, and she hastily brought the music to a stop. Absolute silenced shrouded the room, the only detectable sound the regular ticking of the clock. 

Then slowly, with a horror movie-type slowness, Mia gradually peeked her head out from underneath the desk, in which she was hiding behind. Those big eyes of hers widened and looked in horror at the many probing eyes around the room.

 A single snicker sounded out from the back of the room, and then all at once the class broke out into a chorus of laughter.

Mia's cheeks went bright scarlet, but never the less she still rose to her feet and awkwardly returned to her seat. 

As everyone laughed all around us, my face remained completely solemn as I carefully observed her reaction. Out of paranoia, I always liked to check that my prank hadn't genuinely upset her.

 The thought of making her cry; made me sick. Anger, irritation, and embarrassment I could bear the burden of inflicting, but just not sadness. 

I had never seen her cry, and that's exactly the way I wanted it to stay.

Satisfied that the only emotions she seemed to be harboring were confusion and embarrassment, I let myself relax a little. 

Excitement bubbled up inside me in anticipation for her to figure out it was me. I bet I'd get longer than a three-second glare this time; that's for sure.

A second later, she stilled before sharply swerving her head in my direction. The moment her angry gaze set on mine, an enormous grin stretched over my face against my will. An expression like the one she was giving me was the best present an attention whore like myself could ever receive.

Now all I had left to do was to tell the teacher what I did, so I can bail her out of trouble.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. I looked over to the board to find Mrs. Willis staring at Mia with a teasing spark to her eyes.

 "Mia, you might want to put your phone on silent next time," she chuckled.

Huh, or maybe I don't need to confess to anything...

Soon enough, everybody's laughter started to die down, and Mrs. Wills proceeded on with her lesson.

The moment our math teacher had her back turned, I followed my gaze over to Mia. She made direct eye contact with me before shoving her middle finger up in the air which only resulted in making me laugh. Then to punctuate my arsehole-ness, I blew her a kiss.