Chapter 12

I got ready, but I had no idea what to wear. I went to a carnival when I was six, with my mom and dad. I can't exactly remember that day exactly, but I remember the smiles on my parents faces.

I finished curling my hair, and looked at the clock. It was 5:50. I looked out my window and saw Brooklyn getting into his car.

I quickly looked in the mirror. I was wearing a matching tank and shorts, I'm a watermelon pattern. (Pic of outfit in media slot)

I grabbed my white channel cross-body and ran downstairs.

"Grandad, grandma I'm going out!" I yelled at the door as the Beckham's car pulled up the long driveway.

"With who?" My grandma asked.

"I'm going with my friends Lea, Serena, Alex, and that one neighbor boy." I said, calling Brooklyn 'neighbor boy' because I didn't want my grandma to think I was dating him.

"Have fun, love!" My grandad said.

"I will! It's just a carnival!" I said opening the door.

"Oh, you will have fun!" My grandma said waving goodbye to me.

I walked out and Brooklyn opened the door for me.

"Thanks!" I said smiling as I got in the car.

"So have you ever been to a carnival?" David asked me.

"Um yes, when I was six!" I laughed.

"Do you like rides? I do!" Romeo said smiling at me.

"Um yeah, I guess!" I said smiling back at him.

"They will leave us alone at the carnival I swear!" Brooklyn said embarrassed.

"It's no big deal!" I smiled, and checked my phone.

It was Lea. She was freaking out over text and I don't know why!

"ARIANA YOU HAVE TO COME TO THE CARNIVAL TONIGHT!" And Serena said when Lea texts in all caps, then she is upset.

"What's the deal? I'm coming but is it an emergency?" I ask really confused and typing fast.

"Everything okay?" Brooklyn asks.

"Fine, just Lea!" I say smiling and locking my phone. "They're at the carnival." I added.

"We're here! Just call me when you need picked up!" David said smiling at all of us kids.

"Thank you, very much!" I said.

"You're welcome, Ariana! Have fun!" He said.

We all got out of the car, and David drove away.

"Okay we are going to go on some rides, you guys can do whatever!" Brooklyn says to Romeo and Cruz.

"Bye Ariana!" Romeo said.

"Bye Romeo!" I said.

We all giggled, and it was awkward.

"Okay bye." Brooklyn said to his two adorable younger brothers.

We walked around, then we saw Lea. She was with some guy, I didn't know who it was. I waved to Lea when I walked by and she winked at me. Me and Brooklyn are not dating, he's cute but we aren't.

"Hey um your really pretty." Brooklyn said to me.

"Oh thanks, you're... Um cute." I said.

Wow I am so awkward... That was so smooth.

"Thanks!" He said as he grabbed my hand.

"We should go on that ride!" He said pointing at a Ferris wheel.

"Um, okay... Yeah!" I said getting a little nervous.

"Hey don't worry, I've got you!" He said holding my hand tighter.

We stood in line until it was our turn. We finally got into our cart and it was blue. We sat next to each other while the Ferris wheel started to spin slowly.

As we got up to the top of the ride, it got really cold.

"Here, take my coat!" Brooklyn handed me his dark blue jacket.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"You were shivering!" He said, as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Look at the stars, they are just as beautiful as your eyes!" He said looking at me.

Then like that... Brooklyn leaned in, and we kissed. It was magical.