Chapter 1: Encounter

Her eyes determinedly looked in front of her. The passion in her eyes to win was visible and there was no way she is going to lose. She rolled her sleeves before picking up a ball from the side as her friends nervously looked at her.

She took a deep breath before she threw the ball.

The ball rolled down the narrow and smooth path towards the pins, her eyes nervously looked at the ball. In few seconds, the ball hit the pins and they all were knocked down once which brought a wide smile to her lips.

"Yes!!!!!! I did it!!!"

She jumped exclaiming her victory happily as it looks like she won an Olympic award. Her friends clapped for her before doing a group hug. "Wow! You did it Caroline!", her friend exclaimed.

David: "I'm impressed, Caroline."

Alexa hugged Caroline, cheering for her friend while David also joined the group hug. After working hard for the whole day, they decided to come to the club and play something. Everyone was enjoying the night, some were drinking and some were gossiping, yet the whole room was filled with the smell of alcohol and smoke.

The room was filled with the beats of music.

"See I told you I will win...", She proudly exclaimed forming an imaginary gun with her fingers towards her friends. "I knew it that our Caroline cannot lose", David winked at her making Caroline rolled her eyes as she turned around when her eyes met a person. 

His dark brown orbs looking directly at her with a smirk plastered on his lips made her smile vanish. Looking back at her friends she avoided his gaze.

"Why I feel like I have seen him somewhere?... and what the hell he is looking at me like that?... whatever just ignore it, Caroline..."

She thought and started talking with her friends. On the other hand, his handheld champagne glass bringing it closer to his mouth, he took a sip of it while looking at the one and only girl who caught his attention in the whole room. "You will dig a hole in her by staring continuously at her", his friend, Marvin, smirked as he noticed Adrian looking at the girl.

"Maybe I want it like this", Adrian stated arrogantly.

Marvin laughed at his friend as Adrian's lips held a subdue smirk looking at her. Her eyes met his once again which made her uncomfortable before she took another bowl to play her turn. His eyes watched her every moves when a girl came and sat beside him trying to seduce him.

He smirked and held the girl close to him as he also flirted with her. There was always a "new" one for him, when one goes, the other comes and so did it this time, but this time he encountered a girl who was just playing without trying to seduce him.

He internally laughed seeing  Caroline trying to hit the target but every time she was missing it. She became nervous as she continuously felt his stare on her and it was making her uncomfortable and who wouldn't become uneasy by some stranger's stare?

She sighed frustrated as she missed her target this time, trying again she took a deep breath ignoring that stranger's stare but again she couldn't make it. A mocking yet beautiful smile plastered on his lips, internally chuckling at the girl who was trying hard and he knew it that

He had played his role well making her nervous...

That was his aura.

And who wouldn't fall for Adrian Elbert, the man with high pride and status?

She closed her eyes controlling herself while her friends laughed a little before excusing them to grab some drink leaving her alone. She took another ball and was observing how to throw it when a hand from the back grabbed her hand making her flinch.