Paper Moon

It had been roughly a week since Crowley and I finally confirmed our bond. I have never felt so good, it was astonishing. Sam and Dean had definitely saw a change and they couldn't be happier, but they never said anything. I think deep down they knew what happened and they didn't want to be told that it actually happened. I mean, I get weirded out when Dean rambles about his sexual encounters, so I'm sure it's a three way street in that regard. No sibling wants to hear that their sibling had sex, especially not with a demon they were once trying everything to kill.

"Guys, as much as I love this little vacation, I have a life. We have a life."

Damn, I didn't not want to be rude. Especially not after Dean was just de-demonized. I face-palmed after what I said and looked at my brothers apologetically. I then just went back to watching Mary in the grass in front of us. Mary seemed okay with the little family vacation we took. I guess we all needed a bit of time to clear our heads and get our thoughts back together. Not to mention reconnecting as a family after all the weeks, if not over a month, we were separated.

"Guys, I'm going to take Mary to the water's edge. I feel like y'all need a 'Brotherly Love' moment." I said as I stood up.

I gave Dean the last few sips that were left in the bottle of my screwdriver, because beer tastes like eating raw bread dough. He probably won't drink it, but at least I know it's in safe hands. I walked over to my three year old, and picked her up. I don't trust her walking in public spaces like this, even holding my hand, because all it takes is one second for someone to try and nab her and the whole world will know she's an angel. A literal angel. I walked a little bit, but I could still hear what Sam and Dean were saying.

"Hey, something I need to ask you." Dean said.

I took that as my cue to run to the water. I got to the water and looked around. Families were everywhere. Fathers holding their small kids, older kids running and chasing each other, and few kicking at the water or running in and out of the water. I set Mary down and then stooped to her level.

"Mary, no Daddy tricks, okay. Normal people don't need to know the craziness that is our lives exist. Am I understood?" I spoke softly, only loud enough for her to hear.

She nodded, knowing her vocabulary was too broad and her way of talking too mature for someone her age. I stood to my normal height and took her hand, walking together to the water's edge. The soft waves crashed on our feet and the pure joy on Mary's face is every mother's dream. I smiled as she giggled and played in the water. I felt refreshed and ready for another hunt, but I knew time was needed to help Dean and Sam come back from whatever the hell happened to them.

"Mary, baby. Why don't we walk along the beach? You gotta hold mommy's hand though, and no special tricks no matter what."

"Otay mommy." She said as she stood and gripped my hand.

We walked back and forth in the little area. I was trying to stay in my brothers' line of sight, just in case. Mary was smiling and asking what things where, as if she was some Sims 4 toddler trying to get their communication skill up. I answered her questions happily, until I heard my name being called. I looked around and found nothing, so my eyes darted to my brothers. Sure enough, Sam was waving me over and Dean was nowhere in sight. I picked up Mary and rushed back over to Sam.

"What is it, Sammy?"

"Possible case. We gotta go."

I nodded and we all went to the car. I strapped Mary in her seat and got in after. Once we hit the road, my questions started to roll out.

"Where are we going and what's the case?"

"Possible werewolf in Durham."

"North Carolina?"