THREE- I'm His Assistant

Anita, Sherlock, and John were taking the car to Baskerville. Sherlock was driving, John was in the passenger seat, and Anita was in the back seat. The reason Anita was in the backseat was because John challenged her to Rock, Paper, Scissors and she lost. As the trio drove up, Anita could clearly see the many military personnel guarding the place.

Sherlock drove up to the gate and a security guard, holding a rifle, raised a hand. Sherlock stopped the car and the man walked around to the driver's window.

"Pass, please," the guard asked as Sherlock reached into his coat pocket and handed him a pass.

"Thank you," the guard said, walking away as another security officer encouraged a sniffer dog to inspect the car.

"You've got ID for Baskerville. How?" John asked Sherlock, quietly. Anita leaned forward to the place in between the two boys to be a part of the conversation.

"It's not specific to this place. It's my brother's. Access all areas. I, um...acquired it ages ago, just in case," Sherlock explained at the same level. Anita smirked at this while the guard swiped the pass through the reader at the gate.

"Brilliant!" John exclaimed, sarcastically.

"What's the matter?" Anita asked.

"We'll get caught," John replied. Anita furrowed her brow at him.

"No, we won't- well, not just yet," Anita responded.

"Caught in five minutes. 'Oh, hi, we just thought we'd come and have a wander round your top secret weapons base.' 'Really? Great! Come in- kettles just boiled.' That's if we don't get shot," John snarked as Anita chuckled at his dramatics. Then the gates began to slide open as the first guard walked back to the car.

"Thank you very much, sir," the guard told Sherlock, handing back the pass.

"Thank you," Sherlock said as he put the car in gear and eased the vehicle forward.

"Straight through, sir."

"Mycroft's name literally opens doors!" John exclaimed.

"I've told you- he practically is the British government. I reckon we've got about twenty minutes before they realize something's wrong," Sherlock said as he drove the car to the main complex and parked it. Once he parked the car, Sherlock got out then opened Anita's door for her. She smiled at him and thanked him, to which he hummed. As the three of them approached the entrance, a military jeep pulled up and a young corporal hopped out.

"What is it? Are we in trouble?" the corporal asked as he approached the trio.

"Are we in trouble, sir?" Sherlock corrected, sternly.

"Yes, sir, sorry, sir," the corporal said, but he was still standing in front of them and holding out his hands to prevent them from getting any nearer to the entrance. Anita looked over at Sherlock, wondering what his plan was.

"You were expecting us?" Sherlock questioned.

"Your ID showed up straight away, Mr. Holmes. Corporal Lyons, security. Is there something wrong, sir?" Lyons asked again.

"Ever heard of a spot check?" John asked as he pulled out a small wallet from his pocket and flashed his ID.

"Captain John Watson, Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers," John said as Lyons saluted him and John saluted back. Then Lyon turned to Anita, who even though she thought she had a high ranking job, had no way of getting in as a Detective Inspector.

"And you, ma'am?"

"I'm his assistant," Anita lied with a smile, gesturing at Sherlock. Lyon nodded, believing her.