❝ chapter thirteen ❞

Start from the beginning

"Ever since you woke up, did people start looking familiar to you or do they still look like a bunch of strangers?"

"Strangers."

He nodded and wrote something down in his notepad. "Tell me how you're feeling about all of this."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. How do I feel about this? I shrugged. "I don't know."

He stood up and sat on the edge of his desk. He played with his pen while looking at me. "You know. You're just scrared to say it."

"Scared?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm not scared." I said, defensively.

"Then, tell me."

"I said, I don't know." I rolled my eyes, getting annoyed already.

"And I said, you know."

I gave in. "I feel confused." I shrugged. "Things doesn't add up."

"What things?"

"My ex-boyfriend, Kevin— the one who I lived with when my mom kicked me out— told me he had shot himself. Why would he do that? Then, my parents are together. I thought my dad left? Taylor and I got kidnapped by the guy who raped me? How did he find me?! And why the hell would he kidnap us!" I am frustrated. 

He nodded. "There you go. Keep going."

"Then, I found out I have a boyfriend." I look down at my fingers and did a small smile. "Chresanto. He's a great, loving, handsome guy and I totally see why I fell for him. But, that was the old me that was in love with him."

Coleman raised his brow. "What do you mean?"

I look up and tears fell out. Dr. Coleman passed me a box of tissue. "I don't think I'm still in love with him. I have absolutely no memory of him or us being together. I only remember being with Kevin, and I'm in love with Kevin. But..."

"But?"

"But, I don't wanna hurt Chresanto. Even if I don't have feelings for him anymore. So, I'll stay with him to keep him happy."

"You think it's better to keep it away from him? Don't you think the longer you keep it in, the worse it'll hurt both of you guys?"

I shrugged and ran my hand through my hair. I played with my fingers. "Yes." I mumbled.

"You wanna hear my opinion?" He asked and I look up. I nodded. "If you don't think you have feelings for him anymore because you have no memory of him, then tell him. Do what makes you happy and what feels right."

"What about him?" I questioned. "He deserves to be happy too."

"He'll be happy knowing you told him the truth."  He shrugged slightly.

"I'm scared to break his heart." I said then mumbled. "Again. With the same person."

"Tell him when you're ready." He said. I assumed he didn't hear that last part and I'm thankful. I nodded and wiped my eyes with the tissue. He looked down at his notepad. "Then, there's Bahja."

"Bahja," I affirmed. "Apprantely, she's my bestfriend."

"Tell me what you know about her so far."

°°°°°'

"How was it?" Chresanto asked, when I got in the car. He started the car and started driving.

I buckled my seatbelt and stared forward. "Better than I expected."

When we got home, I instantly went to Jayden's nursery while Chresanto talked to the nanny that was watching over him. I thought he was awake. So, I walked out and silently closed the door so he wouldn't wake up.

"He just fell asleep about fifteen minutes ago," The nanny, Carla, informed me.

I nod and thank her for watching over him for a while. I sat on the couch and shook my legs rapidly against the floor. Chresanto came in the living room, giving me a plate that had a sandwich. He sat across me. The Dr. Coleman's words kept repeating in my head to tell Chresanto.

"What is it?" He ask, worridely. "Last time you looked this nervous, you told me you cheated on me."

I stood up and rubbed my arm. I started pacing back and forth. I felt tears stroll down my face. He stood up also and grabbed me gently.

"Just tell me." He whispered to me. "Whatever it is, I'll deal with it."

Before I could get my words out, I fainted.

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
im ending this book soon ; like about 4 more chapters left. 'cause i wanna start writing my new Trey Songz love story called : Long Sleeve. :)
I think I'm done writing MB love stories.