They take a seat in the chairs in front of us. One of the men goes to order their food.

When the woman lifts her head up my heart skips a beat.

Yes as cliche' as it sounds my heart skips a beat. Literally.

It's her.

Looking at her something seems off, she looks weak and tired.

Her eyes travel across the room until they stop at me. Her eyes go a bit wide telling me that she recognizes me, her hazel eyes lock with mine but her eyes dont carry the life and daring attitude she had when we met. Offering her a smile she immediately looks away.

The man sitting next to her says something her making her nod, keeping her head down.

"Dude are you even listening to me?.." Xander draws back my attention.

"It's her..." I tell him.

"Who?.." He asks confused.

"The girl from my apartment." I say.

He turns to look at their table.

"Are you sure.?" He asks me.

"Yes I am."

Looking back at her, our eyes lock again and its like she's trying to tell me something cause she look at me in a pleading way.

Her face looks pale, her eyes puffy with dark circles under them, her lips are dry and chapped. Noticing them tremble I see her lips part as she syncs. 'Help me.'

My hands balls into fists as I go to stand up but Xander stops me.

"What are you doing?" He says holding my arm.

"Something's wrong."

The other man who went to get their food comes back and they stand up leaving the restaurant.

"Am not letting her go again." I tell him.

Getting out of Xanders grip I run out the restaurant but their no where in sight.

Frantically looking around, I go around the mall looking for her but she's no where to be seen.

Stopping to catching my breath I pace around, runnning a hand through my hair.

Uuugghh!

"Hunter!" Xander runs up to me. "Can you stop already."

"She was right here Xander..." I say frustrated "Right here and I just lost her!"

"Calm down okay..." He tells me. "She must have left already."

Giving up on looking for her we exit the mall with the reason that she already left.

"Something was off with the two men who were with her." I tell him as we walk in the parking lot.

"Don't think ahead of yourself, they might have just been her friends or something."

Scoffing I say. "More like bodyguards. I caught her asking for help you know."

"Now you're just being delusional."

Reaching the car I hear Xander say. "Is that-"

Looking at the direction he's looking, a girl in a black hoodie is running towards us.

It's her.

Reaching us she flings herself at me, wrapping her arms around my torso tightly and I can feel her shaking.

My hands protectively go around her, holding her close.

She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "Help me. Please."

Putting a strand of hair behind her ear, I wipe the tears from her cheeks but they just keep on coming.

"Am not going to let anything happen to you." I say with promise in my words and I mean every word.

"Let's go." I tell Xander.

"Give me the girl."

Turning we see one of the men from the restaurant.

The girl immediately goes behind me hiding.

"Please don't let them take me." She quivers behind me.

"She's with me, so leave." I tell him.

The man chuckles. "You dont want to get involved. Just give me the girl."

"Didn't you hear me? I said she's staying with me."

"Look we don't want to any cause trouble here." Xander says. "So how about you just leave."

The man come close to us, standing infront of me in a daring way.

"And I said give me the girl." He goes to touch her and I push him back.

With a snarl he comes at me, his fist connecting with my jaw making me stagger back.

And just like that a fight breaks out between me and the man. I lay a few punches on him but he seems determined as he comes at me.

Xander comes to my aid when he drags the man from me, pushing him to the ground and kicking him a few times in the ribs.

"Come on lets go." I take her hand in mine.

Before we even turn to leave a gun shot sounds making us freeze in our tracks.

Two men approach us, with guns in hand.

Who are these people.

"Stop or I'll shoot." One of them says.

The guy on the ground stands up, spitting up some blood he walks up to me.

He reaches out to take the girl and I hold on tight to her other hand.

"Please no...." She whimpers, never ending tears trecking down her cheeks.

"You just never learn do you." The guy says throwing a punch at me, staggering back I still dont let go of her hand.

The guy comes at me throwing punches as the other points a gun at Xander, with the other guy pulling the girl from me.

"Nooo!..." She screams as the man drags her away, putting her over his shoulder.

Grunting I stand up just to receive a punch to the stomach making me crouch down before receiving a punch in my face. The guy repeatedly kicks me in my ribs.

"Stop!...Stop!.." I could hear Xavier shouting. "Stop okay!... We wont get involved." He says, he couldn't do anything cause he had a gun to his head.

My eyes start to feel heavy as I watch them drag her away to a USV.

"You should have just given us the girl." The guy says before I feel the butt of his gun hit the back of my head.

Immediately darkness takes over.

*********

Please dont forget to Like and follow.

HappReads.