Ashes of affection

I explained to Lucy exactly what happened, every detail I remember, from Gray calling my name, to him grabbing my arm.

When the story was over, Lucy started squealing.

"(y/n) Don't you get it? He likes you!" Lucy squealed.

I dropped my the tent supplies and looked at Lucy. She seemed so happy for me that I finally can get a boyfriend. Though I don't want to fall for it, because like I said, the other person has to be willing to catch me.

I opened the back pack Lucy brought, which could surprisingly hold a lot of stuff. I mean a lot, its probably from one of her spirits.

I noticed that there were only 2 tents, yes two.

"Hey Lucy, why are there only 2 tents?" I asked her as I pulled them out the bag.

"Because it would be a waste of space to bring our separate tents. I thought maybe you and Gray sleep in one. Natsu and I sleep in another. Gray and Natsu can't sleep next to each other because they'd probably fight all night." Lucy explained

"What?! I can't sleep next to Gray. Well yes I can, but it'll be so...different." I imagined Gray trying to talk to me about this love thing.

I can't go through that again. Whatever maybe, I'll just sleep first I guess.

Time skip, 15 min.

Lucy and I walked in our pajamas toward the campfire Natsu and Gray started; I'm surprised they weren't fighting. Geez.

Gray p.o.v.

Damn, (y/n) looks cute in her pajamas. How do I get her to admit that she likes me? I regret pulling her so close, but I didn't know what else do to.

I could've gotten the truth out of her, but flame breath had to interrupted our moment. I have to cooperate with him for now, I have to show (y/n) I'm a good person.

Your p.o.v.

Lucy and I sat around the fire on the logs near it, this was so nice. But it was making me nervous, Gray was glaring at me, his eyes shined through the reflection of the flame.

"Ugh, Natsu you didnt get enough wood. Go get some more." Lucy whined

"What? Why me? It was Gray's job to get the wood. (y/n) and Gray should go get it, aren't they in love?" Natsu muffled as he gobbled down the food in the backpack.

Lucy smirked and quickly turned towards me.

"You should go; I'll stay here and protect the canp with Natsu. Here I'll have Loke go with you and Gray. Open gate of the Lion, Loke!" Lucy shouted.

Loke appeared in front of me, and guided my hand to the woods. Gray followed behind, was he jealous?

"Ten logs of woods for the lovely lady, what's your name?" Loke kindly asked.

"Her name is (y/n), Loke, go get the wood, head more south, we have something to talk about." Gray answered

"Alright, let's go (y/n), we can go get the wood together." Loke smirked at me, he pulled my hand towards the south.

"No, she's staying with me. Thank you for getting the wood." Gray put his hand on my waist and pulled me, of course, near his chest. My hand were on his shoulders, and my lower body was leaning on his chest.

Loke sighed and went off south. I looked up at Gray, his hand was still on my waist, Gray looked towards Loke's direction.

"Good now that he's gone..." Gray turned to look at me.

"Listen, (y/n), do you have feelings for me or not? There's no way to get out of this because Loke is gone, Natsu is eating, and Lucy is talking to him. You can tell me." Gray held me closer to him

"Gray, okay I do have-" I was interrupted by a rumble, more like an earthquake.

I wonder how strong Gray is. I guess we'll see now.