I feel like these moments of short-lived happiness are not intended to make me happy. They come to make me see what a beautiful life I could have and then go away, leaving me hopeless, with the sad one which I should stop complaining about because it’s been too long. Too many years of thinking something good is gonna come my way, having it in front of my face, already seeing myself with it in my hands, but in the end, every time, still being disappointed.

“Nadine,” he calls my name and stands up, my eyes lifting to him. “You don’t wanna talk about it, and I know it, but I can’t act as nothing happened." He throws his hands in the air, a frown appearing on his face. “If you want to forget it, I’m gonna forget it, just because I can’t stand not talking to you, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy it.” What is he saying? “I’m not gonna lie about how I feel. I do like you more than a friend, and that’s nothing new.” The words spill out of his mouth and my brain can’t even follow up on what he’s saying. “Me telling you this was never supposed to happen, but because you kissed me, I hope there’s a chance…” He sighs and looks like he has so much to say but doesn’t know how to put it into words.

I stand up and his eyes meet mine for the longest time today. He’s so vulnerable right now and I need to say something because just standing there would make me an asshole.

“Harry…” I try to calm him down but he just brushes me off and keeps speaking.

“I don’t want to lose you because I didn’t think before I spoke. I’m so sorry that I’ve put us in this situation. It seems like you are no longer comfortable around me and this makes me want to rip my hair out. It’s been some time since I’ve moved here but I would have never called this place “my home” if you weren’t around. You are my best friend. You are the person I lo-”

Don’t make me regret this later.

I grab his jaw and bring his lips to mine for a kiss, hoping that this one won’t end up with the same taste as our first one - doubts and fear of what was yet to come.

He doesn’t respond at first, probably shocked by my bold action which is extremely out of my character, but soon enough I feel his lips mold on mine, one of his hands grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him, our chests touching.

"Can I take you on a date?" I break the kiss and I whisper against his lips, my hand still on his cheek.

I feel his breath hovering on my face but he doesn't answer my question and just presses his mouth to mine once again. Our lips move in sync and I can only smile at how a few minutes ago we were awkwardly sitting next to each other like we forgot how to speak, and now neither of us wants to end this kiss which I would have never guessed would happen.

"I'm sorry." I start laughing but by the way, his dimples are showing, I don't think he's got a problem with it. "I just can't believe this is actually happening." He tucks my hair behind my ear and starts leaving kisses from under my ear till my shoulder, resting his head here.

This whole thing feels like a daydream. If two weeks ago you would have told me that I would be kissing Harry with no hesitation, I would have told you to shut the fuck up because we’re just friends.

Guess someone was lying to themselves, huh?

To be honest, liking him as more than a friend doesn’t surprise me, but the fact that he reciprocates my feelings does. He is a friendly guy to everyone so I didn’t look deep into his affectionate actions. For how long has he liked me? What if-

“Nadine? You alright?” Harry’s voice snaps me from my intrusive thoughts and when I look up he’s standing right in front of me, a confused expression on his face.