Ending 2: Together

Start from the beginning

"We're in this together."

-SMALL TIME SKIP-

"Is it just me or is this basically a replica of the abandoned mansion but restored and not run-down?" Sora piped up, coming back into the white room after leaving to explore.

I shrugged, going back to drawing. There was a sketchbook on the table so I sat down and began to draw while he was gone. "Surely it's better than where we were before, right? At least we can live together in comfort."

Sora chuckled, taking the seat from the other end of the table and placed it next to me. He sat down on it and leaned back. "So we're basically living together---"

"Yup--"

"---like a family!"

I choked on my own spit, coughing violently while trying to catch my breath. I felt Sora pat my back while laughing, wha- how can he find this funny?!

"It's true though! It's just you and I here in a house of our own, we're basically family!" He looked so happy as he said that.

"I-In what way?" I couldn't help but ask, nervous for what he had to say.

He appeared to be in thought, then a pink hue bloomed on his cheeks and he now appeared shy. "L-Like y'know...uh, when a girl and boy move in together?"

It was my turn to laugh, shaking my head. "So as friends, then?"

"W-Well, no, I mean---not like that, uhm---!" It was adorable seeing him flustered. I set down the pencil I was holding and gave him my full attention. "I just, really like--y'know..?"

Giggling, I felt warmth spread over my cheeks and my heart beating erratically in my chest. "Whatever you say Sora, whatever you say." I picked up the pencil I was using, ignoring how it was shaking badly and resumed my drawing.

In the next second I felt something press against my cheek then move away. I froze and with wide eyes I turned to look at a flustered Sora who avoided looking at me in the eye.

Did he just---?

I shakily resumed my drawing, but I couldn't help the smile forming on my face.

Maybe this new life wouldn't be so bad after all.

----

THIRD

"She's always been in the exact same spot for days, maybe even a week, is she going to be okay?" A girl with short black hair asked a tall silver haired male who stood next to her.

"I don't know, but I've been told this is how she was like when he got separated from her." He answered back, watching a red head girl in the distance in front of him. She stood on the sandy beach, her back facing them, and unmoving.

"I think it's time for her to accept it and move on---like the rest of us did." The girl responded back.

"You can't just forget about him, Xion. He used to be a part of you too."

"I know, Riku, but would he want you two to mope over him forever? Sora wouldn't want that, would he?" Xion looked at Riku in the eye, where his held sorrow and grief if you looked closely enough. "We'll get him back one day, but for now you two need to heal." She gave his arm a gentle pat before leaving him by himself.

Riku stood alone before his feet moved on their own and he found himself next to his other best friend. "Kairi, we should get back inside. It's getting cold."

Kairi said nothing and continued to stand in silence, staring out into the ocean. Her eyes appeared to be searching for something, or rather someone.

"Kairi." Hesitantly, he shook her shoulder which caused her to turn her head slightly to him. "That's enough, you can stop now."

"...why?" It was quiet but he heard her clearly.

"Because..." He let out a sigh, ignoring the heavy weight in his heart. "He wouldn't want this." As if it were a switch or something, Kairi's eyes watered and she threw herself onto him. She cried onto his chest and he let her. Riku wrapped his arms around her and patted her back to try soothing her.

Nothing was said between the two and that was fine. They only had each other at the moment. While Kairi was finally letting out the pent up grief, Riku silently let his own tears fall. He wasn't exactly vocal on voicing his emotions, at least in this state. Since while he was hurting, she was too. It wasn't fair to call himself the one who suffered the most since their friend's disappearance, because she was his friend too.

The air around them got cold, since they didn't move from their spot in a while. Kairi's sobbing had died down but she still clung onto him. Riku still had his arms around her. He opened his mouth to finally say something until he noticed something not too far from him.

A figure of a brunette he was all to familiar with stood at the paopu tree with another figure standing next to him. The brunette had a goofy grin on his face with his arms crossed behind his head---a typical position for him. Next to him was a girl, someone he never saw before. He could barely make out that she was also smiling at him---but it looked sad?

 He could barely make out that she was also smiling at him---but it looked sad?

The brunette mouthed something to him, while the girl next to him nodded along.

'I'm okay.'

Riku blinked and they were gone.

As if he wasn't crying before, he started crying again. This time, he let them fall because the figure he just saw was none other than his missing best friend.

"Sora..."

He uttered his name under his breath, Kairi didn't catch it but she did look up at him curiously because he stiffened up.

"Riku?"

Snapping out of it, he looked down at her as she reached up to wipe his eyes. Unknown to him, he began to smile.

"He'll be okay."

ENDING 2/3

----

Since I was in the mood, I decide to double upload with two endings. It's a little better than the first, but, whether or not you accept either of these endings as canon is up to you!

To be honest the first ending left me with a heavy heart- I'm not good with angsty endings...

How do you think things transpired in this ending compared to the first one?