00

"So, you are here to seek protection from the Vision Hunt Decree, yes?"

He almost laughed...almost.

The Vision Hunt Decree started maybe more than a few months ago at this point, nearly reaching to a year in just a few more months. Visions were being taken left and right and people were suffering from the loss of their symbols and proof of ambitions. All of them would delicately be placed upon the Raiden Shogun's statue, displayed almost in a mocking way towards the owners.

It was amusing, the way he would sit down and think about it and realize that some soldiers really thought they were going to take his vision. He was reputable amongst most of the civilians and to be fair none of them knew that he had a vision on him thanks to the way he hid it. So it wasn't surprising that none of the soldiers knew of it either. There were more than a few times where he was stopped by suspicious soldiers, vaguely inspected, and was sent on his way. In truth, the Vision Hunt Decree had almost little to no effect on him personally...

"I know this is not the whole truth," her voice said, steady and clear, "Why are you here, Moriyama?"

She knew very well the truth of the matter here. Sangonomiya Kokomi was more perceptive than he gave her credit for. Her eyes were boring into him, holding no such malice, just bewilderment and curiosity. He looked back at her, holding back the urge to snicker. She could not read the expression on his face, but she knew his personality well enough in the short moment spent with him. She was more than aware that he wasn't taking this as seriously as it was meant to. 

Why was he here? Just to out himself to most of Inazuma as a vision bearer and willingly put a target on his back when he is practically already in the clear? She would let him in regardless of his answer, but it was in her best concerns to at least ask.

"You know who I am then?" He questions, leaning forward in his seat.

"Most people do," she responds eyes flickering down to her work desk, "Moriyama Mitsuki, a manipulative, studious and adventurous man who has his eyes set on exploring every corner of Inazuma and it's history to reap the knowledge for your personal goals...Many vouch for you, saying that the kind side you will often display is a part of you, and others claim that you are as heartless as you appear to be—enough to leave people to die."

"I may not be who I say I am entirely, but I'm no villain, and you must know how I feel about lying."

"You are close to a liar," She admits, but looks distantly at him again, "I will admit though, it is hard to not know who you truly are and what you truly want."

His eye twitched briefly through the lenses of his glasses. Archons, he hated this sort of conversation. He experienced this manner of torture from Yae Miko, and now he would be subjected to it here too? The way they think they can take a single glance at him and read his whole personality and life story like an open book. It irritated him beyond belief.

"I know what I want, Sangonomiya," he spat her clan's name like it was a curse, "It would probably be in your army's best interest to allow someone with my strength to join."

"I never said I wasn't going to let you join," Kokomi states calmly, "I won't turn away anyone willing to help the Resistance. I am just curious as to your motives is all. Any normal person would normally keep out of this would they not? Especially since none of the Shogunate Army suspects you and you are technically under the protection of the Grand Narukami Shrine. Ever since—"

"Quiet," he hisses at her to stop her from continuing telling his long tale, and lets out a brief sigh after she obeys and sits in silence, "If you really must know, my interests are in the history of Inazuma. This? The Resistance against the Vision Hunt Decree? Such a war is a huge part of history and I intend to experience every part of it even if I have to put myself and the whole world in danger. Besides, Watatsumi Island is not an exception to my investigations. I intend to find secrets about this place that even you do not know of."