Chapter 30

"You are strong enough to face it all , even if it doesn't feel like right now" - Anonymous

SIDHARTH'S POV

Loud pretentious laughter's , fictitous oh so dazzling smiles almost on command as Mr. Lodge clinked the Champaigne glass for the last time before walking off into crowd.

I could care less about those 10 top class Air conditioners in the room as I now sat with my black silk tie ,  hanging loosely around my neck due to the warmth I could suddenly feel rushing through my skin back and fourth.

Business meetings are intriguing ?Yes . My cup of tea? Definitely not.

Gulping down the last sip of my lemonade , I sighed.

Placing the now empty cosmopolitan glass back on the table , I observed the people around me.

Posh clothing , fake smiles , extensively fancy footware.

All in all , a typical business party.

Another 30 minutes of shaking hands ,  passing those "appreciative" smiles and having monotonous conversations , I left the party and drove back home.

It was almost 8 pm by the time I had reached home and the white Audi R8 that stood in its usual parking space only confirmed my thoughts of Shehnaaz being home.

Walking into the kitchen , I could hear Maa and Shehnaaz talking and sounds of giggles that left from Kiana's mouth.

After that conversation back in my room , I and Maa had convinced  Shehnaaz to shift here with us as Maa  obviously enjoys her company and it got all quite after Preeti di got married last year. And the credits for the last very much entertaining month goes to my girl and you could only imagine what the duo of Kiana and Shehnaaz can do. Some 10 days back , they even tried colouring my hair blonde , crazy right?

As crazy as life was , I couldn't deny that it was at its best.

Entering the kitchen I saw Maa standing with her back to the wall and Shehnaaz sat on top of the counter with Kiana in her lap , all three of them laughing about something.

"Hi ladies" I greeted them , moving forward towards Maa I gave her a quick side hug and a forehead kiss.

"So how did it go?" Shehnaaz asked as I hugged her too. "Vahi same bakwaas yaar , I got so bored" I whined.

"Maamu fir aap jate hi kyu ho? Yahi raha kro na humare paas" Kiana pouted. Picking her up , I replied "I wish main reh skta baby , lekin work is also important haina?" , That little munchkin mouthed a "Whatever" , flipped her hair and walked out.

Maa and Shehnaaz bursted out laughing watching her give such attitude and flipping her hair so perfectly that I couldn't help but join in on the laughter.

"Sidharthhhhhh merko darr lgra hai" Shehnaaz whined resting her head against my shoulder.

An hour or two later me and Shehnaaz sat in our room. After having dinner and some family time now both of us changed into our comfortable night wears , which consisted of Shehnaaz wearing a long silk purple nightdress and me in a white tee and grey shorts.

"Kyu darr lagra hai baby , bol na" I said as I leaned my head on hers resting both of our heads comfortably with the support of the backrest of the bed.

"Next week voh award ceremony hai na , maine haa toh krdi lekin merko darr lgra" she pouted.

"Meri jaan relax kr na tu.... Itta saara confidence hai tere paas , and I'll be there haina? Sab honge. Sab sahi hoga sweetheart tension mat le." I remarked cupping her face from the side and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead letting my lips stay there for a while.

Through this one gentle forehead kiss , I wanted to give her all the assurance in this world so that she doesn't doubt herself . I wanted to pass on all my confidence onto her so that she never lets her self esteem falter for even a second.  And I wanted to take away all her pain and worries , ridding her soul of every demon that resided there.

" Hmm , Chal na sote hai.... Merko ninnii aari " She stated yawning and slid down on the bed , lying comfortably.

I followed her movements too , gathering her in my arms , switching off the bedside lamp and watched her breathe softly as she slept. I gently gazed at her holding her close as my mind wandered to the day when she told me that she was ready to come forward at the award ceremony.

It was Tuesday , Shehnaaz woke up before me for an unknown reason , which eventually resulted in my grumpy mood ..... And I was getting scolded by Maa for having breakfast with a , and I quote , "Sadi hui shakal" and before I could respond to it , Shehnaaz walked down wearing her usual professional attire , looking just as elegant and beautiful. "Muh band krle aur khana khaa isse pehle kuchh ghus jaye muh mein udd ke" She whispered laughing , sitting beside me and filling up her plate with the toasts.
Maa wished her luck for her meeting with the publisher of her books and soon after we both got up to leave. She is supposed to give the final draft of her book for publishing today. I didn't discuss about any of this with her after our last week's conversation in my room , wanting her to take her time to process things. Thus , I wasn't quite up-to date with her thoughts on the same. "So , let me know how it goes okay? Thats if you are going personally and not sending Kaushal or someone else?" I questioned as we stood outside , both of us ready to leave for our respective workplaces.
"I trust you , you know that right? And I trusted you when you said its gonna be okay , yeah? So yes , I am doing this. I am doing this for that immense confidence you have in me , and I am doing this for all those precious people who shower their love on me and because of whom I am here right now. So yes , its happening after all , I had to do right by you and all those millions of people's love right?" She said , taking my hand into hers and kissing it lightly. I could feel such colossal amount of love and pride storming inside me for this woman that stood in front of me , caressing my hand as if it was a treasure. How could I not consider myself lucky? Letting go of all the emotions that kept bolting inside me.... I took her petite frame in my arms , kissed the top of her head whispering "It will all be okay , love ...... So proud of you" with a subtle nod , we both sat in our respective cars and drove towards our destinations , this time with a happy heart.

I smiled , registering how far we've come. My heart still beats loudly every time she reminds me of the love and trust she has on me. Having seen through a fair share of hardships in this relationship , being here feels like a dream . A dream so beautiful , that I never want it to end.... Because it indeed is a blessing to stumble upon a soul that wants nothing but a gazillion smiles and the brightest sunshines for you , for the rest of your life. Some say love is hard , some even say it ends up becoming the main complication of your life and the main source of your agony. But the truth is , that the person who is right for you is not hard to love. Loving the right person isn't hard. It feels easy. Easy because even those silences are comfortable that otherwise leave you awkward and bothered. Its all about the finding the 'one'. The one who is ready to be your calm in the chaos. The one who won't hesitate walking hand in hand with you through the worst. I found the 'one' for me , and I'm gonna cherish her , with everything in me till eternity and beyond.

*********************************

Okay, this here was the last chapter of 'That Kind Of Love' , a epilogue will follow shortly ofcourse too.... And some bonus chapters might pop up out of nowhere as well!
I feel so sksksksk , these 30 chapters might not be the best ,the storyline might be okay okay , this might not be that perfect fairytale story you were looking for , but this has a piece of my heart , because its my first and has all the love I have for #SidNaaz. Thank you for sticking by the irregular updates and my irritating grammatical and typing errors , sending love to all of you.
Just keep spreading love and positivity in any way you can. Keep lifting others up every chance you get , and live your life to the fullest.

Will post the epilogue soon ❤️
Pucchiss and pyaar to you all pyaare log  💋💋💋💋💋💋💓💓💓💓💓

ALSO ALSO , FEELING SUCH PROUD BECAUSE #SidNaaz WON THE BEST FANDOM ON WATTPAD !!!!!!!!