Chapter 26

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ― Abraham Lincoln

Chapter 26

1 year Later

"Its strange how tables can turn in a night..... How a person you once crossed paths with randomly , becomes someone who now you feel incomplete without. How you start loving the life which once you thought of ending. And how the person you once detested with everything in you ends up becoming the beats to your heart." Just as I dropped my pen down from my journal after completing the paragraph my phone pinged with a message from him. It said : "Be ready by 7 tomorrow. We are going out." I replied with a thumbs up shaking my head sideways... Its been an year and yet , i have never fully understood him and his ways.

It's been a year since that night with Sidharth. The next day I stayed over and spent the day with his family , we enjoyed the day with rita aunty and preeti di narrating all of Sidharth's childhood stories.... it was so fun! I got to know that neetu di was currently in India due to her husband's job and as Kiana's school was here they didn't want for her to go through the process of changing schools at such a young age so Kiana stayed here with them. And Preeti di was engaged with the wedding to be taken place in 6 months time. Later in the evening sidharth's friends came over.... Yeah those two idiots from the club.

It was when Kabeer and Asim started blabbering about how they managed to pull off their plan with the help of my friends Arvika and Aarohi that I realised they were a part of this too. So apparently , Arvika and Asim met during a party of a common friend which led to both of them talking and meeting up for coffee's..... Later Aarohi was introduced to Kabir by these two , so they all kinda mixed up well. Just so y'all know this happened 2 months back from that day and that time I wasn't in touch with the either of them so don't blame me for not knowing. And because I was mad at them for not telling me earlier that they were friends with Sidharth's friends and helped them to set this all up I ignored their texts and calls for 2 days until they treated me with my favourite chocolates and foods.

So at last , I enjoyed every bit of the desserts. And about me and Sidharth , I don't know what exactly we both are. With mutual understanding we both know that this girlfriend boyfriend shit is not out our thing. And anyways our relationship is way too precious to ruin it by naming it with something like that. We don't need to say "I love you's" out loud to tell that we love each other..... We just prove it simply by our actions. And for now we are just well us. Hanging out any way we can , going to movies or just simply lazing around doing basic things and I am okay with it because
that's helping us to know each other better.

I prepared some soup for dinner and cleaned up my room in the meantime. And before retiring to bed , I called mumma and talked with her for some time.... Narrating to her how my day went and about tomorrow that I'll be out for the evening with Sidharth. Mom and dad met him when he dropped me to theirs once and needless to say , they were quite impressed with him and I had to later listen to him rant about how his charm is still there. As usual after doing my night routine I went to bed after wishing him and my friends good night. Ever since we got back together it kind of became a routine to do this , sending good morning and good night messages. He says that even if due to work we can't get the time to talk properly during the day this gives him an assurance that I am alright. And its always these little things that matter.

Next morning the day went usual.... It was really surprising to see the non-hectic schedule in the office considering it was Friday.... Mostly we wrap things for the week before the 2 day break so that there are no loose ends but this time it was different almost everything was done and in place just a little supervision was needed. Well , my team was just getting impressive.... all i wish is that this continues to be the same for tye rest of the time , then life would be a bit easier and I'd have one less thing to worry about. After calling last usual meetings at 5 with every department and cross checking with them the respective progress , I made my way out to home.

After reading a chapter from the book I am currently reading I started getting ready. I had messaged him earlier to ask about if I should wear something casual or party wear to which he said "a dress would do...😉" so I chose a long pink gown with black net over it from down the waist and its black top was covered with little flowers. I got ready in it and did very light make-up and left my hair open with loose curls at the ends with a hair band. Satisfied with my look , I grabbed my cardigan to wear over the dress cause its cold outside and wore my heels and grabbed my purse with the keys and my phone along it.

Just as I walked out his car entered through the driveway , I walked towards the car and he got out to open the door for me as always. He says that he likes making sure I get in safely. And I know that my safety has got nothing to do with it he just likes doing it for some strange reason. Its been an year and our comfort with each other has grown more. We are each other's bestfriends before we are lovers. And i don't anything can change that. I came back to reality listening to him whistle from beside me while driving. "Sidharthhhh" I said getting bored. "Bol baby" he said. "Kidhar jaare hai hum? Tune abhi tak nhi bataya" I was getting very irritated now because he wasn't ready to tell me where we are going. "Meri jaan bas thodi der aur aane vaale hai bas fir khud dekh liyo" replied Sidharth. "1 saal hogya aur terko abhi bhi ni pata ki I hate surprises ? Yaad nhi kya hua tha when you surprised me by coming early from US after that conference?" i said reminding him of the time when he scared me to death after coming unannounced into my apartment.

"Yaar Shehnaaz voh tune bohot galat kiya tha mere saath, I wanted to surprise you jaldi aake and tune toh merse 2 din baat hi nhi kri aise kaun krta hai.... And anyways this is different and I know ki you will definitely love this one" He said sounding confident and within a second he pulled up in front of the beach. "Well then lead the way Mr. Shukla" I said as he opened the door for me to get out of the car. I didn't expect him to bring me to the beach and I definitely didn't expect him to blindfold me. " Sidharthhhh kya kr rha hai bebu" i whined. "Swimming kr rha hu" He said sarcastically. "Ahhaaaa , bata na please yeh sab kya hai merko blindfold kyu kiya?" I questioned. "Abhi bas chal shaanti se fir khud dekh lena" he replied calmly walking me further into the beach. After about 2 more minutes walking he said "Ready?" , "Haan please jaldi khol isse merko dekhna hai" I said. He cautiously removed the blindfold from my eyes and turned me towards my left. As soon as I saw what was in front of me , tears streamed down my eyes and I let out a squeal.

SHEHNAAZ'S OUTFIT

*******************************

A/N :
So what do you think is the surprise?😉
Leave your guesses in the comments section and I will dedicate the next chapter to the ones who guess it right!
Also , Don't forget to leave your precious reviews.... Each vote , comment and share counts❤️ Also , follow me to stay upto date with updates don't want you guys missing in on anything :)

MY SOCIAL MEDIA :
Instagram : @/sidnaazxsparkle
Twitter : @/ananyaaaa_x

Lots of Love
Ananya!