Chapter 28

We are made of all those who have built and broken us. ~Atticus

SIDHARTH'S POV

I've read , heard and listened to people say how love is the most magical feeling one could feel. How one day you'll meet 'the one' and your life will turn upside down. How falling in love with them will be the best thing you'll ever do. And I can't help but agree . It wasn't until I saw Shehnaaz in that bar that night in all her glory that i felt my heart churn in the most beautiful way. There is something about her that you just can't ignore her presence even if you want to. That's where it all started from . If you know Shehnaaz as your acquaintance , she's a typical boss lady for you... all business , and if you know her as a friend you know her for her lively attitude , for her sassiness and for her loyalty and her kindness. But I had the pleasure to break the walls around her and bring out her crazy side because with me she's a child , she's carefree and I love being able to live through all that craziness with her because when i'm with her it feels like all that I've lost in life has came rushing back to me , And I know i would never be able to find words beautiful enough to explain all that she means to me...but i'll keep searching them till the rest of my life.

As of now... I am waiting in my car for Shehnaaz to come.... Its been three days since I proposed and everything is going smooth ... She was working on the finalisation of an important project of hers from the last 2 days and it got done by yesterday , so we planned a little get together with both our families today to officially declare it. Shehnaaz's car ran out of fuel last night and that's why I am picking her up right now .... Just as I was about to call her she came outside in a pink and white suit.... God I swear her beauty adds up to 1000 folds when she wears ethnic and I don't even know if that's even possible. She sat inside and kissed me on the cheek wishing me good morning. "Morninggg , chale moti baby?" I asked
" Yes bebu start driving. " she said chuckling. And I raced onto the roads.
I parked the car as we reached home. Everyone was sitting in the drawing room chit chatting about something . We went inside and greeted everyone.

Kiana came running to shehnaaz and kissed her cheeks. "Wow , matlab ab party change huh... Raho ab apni mami ke paas hi mere paas mat aana" I said faking anger to her. " Uffo mamu , kitna nautanki krte ho aap" She said coming to me . " Ab batao aap toh mere fav ho na , how can I forget you " she said standing in front of me... I knelt down below and she kissed my cheeks too. "Good baccha " I flicked her nose playfully. "Okay , chalo aajao sab baith jao dono " Mumma said.We had some toasts and waffles and then went out in the garden to stroll and talk . We were waiting for preeti di to come.... She got married last year as planned and was happy with her life. Jiju is so fun and happy going , the positive vibes radiated off of him. After another 5 minutes of random talks Preeti Di came too , and we video called Neetu di . We all sat in the drawing room talking and laughing. And then came the time to do what we gathered here for.

"So as you all know , we , me and Shehnaaz are engaged now .... Thank you for your blessings everyone. We were thinking that as we are already engaged , throwing another party would be just a waste of time and money so uske jagah we can just have a small gathering with all the close relatives and inform them officially. And wedding arrangements we would both have to wind up our work and finish the ongoing projects so uss hisaab se we'll go with the flow." I stated. The whole time my hand never left Shehnaaz's back where it rested since the time we settled. She was feeling a bit shy now... I guess its because of  all the attention and the sudden change of our relationship status and i know i will have a great time teasing her for this .... I personally could have never imagined my upfront , straight-forward Sana this way and im loving each second of it.

Everyone agreed to not have an engagement party as honestly it would be a burden . For the wedding mom left it on us to get done with our works.... We finalised everything and fixed this coming weekend to let our close family and friends know. We went up to our room to freshen up and relax a bit before lunch when I came from the washroom I saw Shehnaaz lying on bed deep in thought staring at the ceiling . "Sidharthhhh , merko weird feeling aari .... Like excitement jaisi aur darr jaisi saath mein " She said feeling my presence. "Kya hua darling bol na ? Kis cheez se related aisi feeling aari ?" I questioned lying beside her on the bed sideways on my elbow looking at her pretty face . " I don't know like generally bas weird sa hora kuch , like peit mein na aisa kuch ghoom ra sksksk krke " She motioned towards her stomach and doing some weird actions rolling her hands. "Hmm " i replied as something striked me and I got up.

I climbed over her on the bed and started tickling her stomach. She laughed and rolled under me due to the impact. "Ahaa sidharth bass please stop hahaaa rukja , i — can't breathe ammaa " She shrieked rolling all over , I laughed with her  "Ab bol , ab bhi ho rha hai kya sksksk peit mei?" I laughed , with our faces now inches apart , She took a deep breath in as I stared back at her into her beautiful black orbs...I had almost leaned in leaving little to no space between our lips but before I could do or think about anything else , Shehnaaz's phone rang , it was mom... probably calling us for lunch . Great timings mom, great timings! She picked the call and got up from under me and laughed as she walked out. I left a groan and walked out behind her too. Walking downstairs I saw mom (shehnaaz's mom ) and mumma ( sidharth's mom ) and Preeti setting the table with food. Shehnaaz joined them too and I took a seat beside Romil jiju.

Seeing the frown on my face he questioned "Aisa muh kyu banaya hua hai jaise kisi ne romance krte time disturb kardiya ? " He laughed. " Kya yaar jiju aap bhi shuru hogye. Merko koi chain se jeene mat dena." I groaned again which was followed by a round of laughs around us , it was when i realised everyone else had settled too and were more than keen to listen on our conversation. " Kya dekh rahe ho sab yaar , khaana do bhook lagri hai " I said hiding my face between my hands. " Haan shehnaaz jao khaana daal ke do bhook lagri hai tumhare would be husband ji ko" Preeti said teasing her. She blushed and got up serving me some lemon rice with a chapati and bowl of shahi paneer. After serving everyone else too with the help of Preeti , I made Shehnaaz sit beside me and kept a hand on her thigh while having rice. She coughed at the movement as she registered what I was trying to do. "Sana bacche le paani pi , theek haina ? Kya hua ekdum se ?" Mumma questioned handing her a glass of water.

As shehnaaz got busy gulping down the water , I replied on her behalf  " Haan mumma kuch atak gya hoga gale mein itni jaldi toh khaati hai yeh khaana kitni baar bola ise maine araam se khaane ko , Haina Shehnaaz ? " I winked at her from the side keeping in mind that it goes un-noticed by everyone else. She nodded giving me a death stare. After lunch we spent the day watching movies and reminscing old days and clicking pictures. There was this particular one that i loved the most. It was of both mom and mumma while talking about something looking at each other and smiling , a beautiful random candid picture. Mom and everyone had already left but since shehnaaz slept watching the movie , I requested them not to wake her up and that she can stay here for the night.
I picked her up and took her upstairs , she moved a bit , and held onto me tighter as I made her lie on the bed. After changing and everything i got into bed too and slept soundly holding her close to me.

NEXT MORNING
I woke up as my phone buzzed with my alarm , I stretched my hand out to shehnaaz wanting to hold her to get back to sleep , My hand instead landed on the pillow which ofcourse indicated the fact that she had woken up. Ughh This girl never listens to me , kitni baar bola hai ise to not wake up before me .... She knows how grumpy i get , but no.... Apni marzi chalani hai madam ko. I got up and wore my slippers , running a hand through my hair , when my eyes landed onto my desk whose lights were on and I saw Shehnaaz sleeping soundly sitting on the chair with her head on the table between her hands.... A diary with a pen poking out from its pages sat there beside her head . The questions that remained in my mind were why was shehnaaz sleeping that way and when did she got up?

******************

Ahhh okay so that's it for now , I seriously can't say when would i be able to update next because i have my exams and they'd be offline so basically life sucks right now because to add onto that i have severe cough and my throat hurts because of that, also if you guys must have noticed the chapter length has increased hahaa...I am loving it! I really hope you stay tuned for the further updates because in another 2-3 parts 'That Kind Of Love' will end and i don't want any of you to miss it🥺❤️
Stay safe y'all.... Congratulations on Bhula Dunga and Shona Shona hitting 100 Million!

- Lots of Love
ananya ♡