Long-Distance

Tyler’s POV

I start down the hall back to our dorm, and I call Angelique back. I just talk mindlessly with her, reminiscing about Sawyer and about our times together. It’s good to catch up. I mean, a horrible thing brought us back together but I bet we’ll stay friends after this.

“Hey, Tyler?” She asks, and I respond, “Yeah?”

“What’s you and Troye’s relationship? I’ve never heard about him, but you obviously trust him.” She says, and I think about it. What is our relationship? I mean, we kiss. But are we boyfriends? What is this thing we got here.

“Tyler I think I see Troye pulling up. Is he in your car?” Angelique asks.

“Yeah! Yeah he is. Glad he made it there.” Damn he made it there quick. He must have been going very fast. And that was a windy road. Something could have happened. Something very very bad.

“Damn Ty he is certainly very pretty. What am I doing. I shouldn’t be thinking about this. I need to be thinking about Sawyer. See you soon, Tyler.” And she hangs up. I giggled at her first remark, but realised how lucky I am that it was Sawyer and not Troye. I mean, it still is so so horrible to lose him, but I can’t imagine losing Troye.

I sit in the room, getting up occasionally to move certain little things around, waiting for the two to get back.

Troye’s POV

I pull out of the parking lot as quickly as I can. I can’t leave this girl here. What was her name again? Oh, Angelique. What a pretty name. I wonder what she’ll look like. Will she look like Sage, back home? Speaking of, I have to call home. What time is it there? I check my watch and do the quick conversion in my head. It’s about 4 in the afternoon there. I pull out my phone, putting it on speaker and placing it in the cup holder.

“Mum?” I ask when I hear her pick up.

“Troye? Is everything alright?” She sounds super worried.

“Yeah, mom, I’m fine. I was wondering if you guys are going anywhere for the break. It’s winter here, so I wanted to come home and get a taste of summer.”

“No, we aren’t going anywhere.” In the background I hear Tyde yell, “PLEASE COME HOME,TROYE.” and my mom, making sure I hear it, repeats him.

“Yeah, I’m coming home for a week or so. But only half of the break. Tyler is staying here, I think, and I don’t want to leave him alone.” I reply.

“Why doesn’t he come here?” My mom asks, and I start thinking about it. Maybe…. ,”Yeah Mom, I’ll ask him. That would be fun.” I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

I plug the phone into the car, playing my Spotify playlist. The hangover one, not the Party one. I’m not in a party mood right now, for obvious reasons. I look at the speedometer in the car, and notice I’m going almost 90 mph. I ease off the gas, so nothing happens. I haven’t driven in America that much alone, so it’s still new to me.

The song that comes on as I’m rolling down the windows is “Lovely Sad” by the Maine. What a great song it is. I look down at the speedometer on the car, noticing that I am yet again going way too fast. I try and slow down, but the thought of a hurt, alone girl who might need a hug or might want a hug scares me. Some man could see that and take advantage of her. I’m not saying she can’t fight for himself, but you never know.

I get there in what seems like forever, but is actually only about an hour. It took Tyler and I 2 hours to get there before, but we were singing and going slow and taking our time.

I pull into the overview, and see the other car there. There’s a line of smoke going into the air. I park a few spots away from the car, so I don’t scare her. I see the outline of an average height, average sized girl. She’s on the phone, with a cigarette in her hand. She looks over at me, and I catch sight of her face for the first time. She is pretty, very pretty.

I continue to walk towards her, and she starts talking.

“You know what’s pretty goddamned fucked up? When we were kids, we never thought that our lives would be like this. So empty that we didn’t want to grow up anymore. We never thought that it would be so fucking impossible to do something like get up in the morning, or how much it would hurt to smile. How we would be relying on alcohol and drugs to make us feel like we should without them. I just think that’s so fucked up.” She takes a drag of her cigarette and throws it on the ground, smashing it in her black, platform heels. Then she throws herself onto me, and I almost fall over. Her arms wrap around me, her body racked with sobs.

I hug back, and we stand there for minutes, her just holding onto me, sobbing, and me holding her back. She backs up, eventually, looking into my eyes.

“Hi. I’m Angelique. What’s your name?” She asks, smiling. Her eyes show she’s sad.

“Troye. T-r-o-y-e. There’s an e. Can’t forget the e.” She laughs at this. She has a nice laugh, really.

“You know, Troye, the relationship was so fucking difficult So many people underestimate how strong you have to be in a long distance relationship. You put so much faith and trust into someone so many miles away, sometimes it’s someone you haven’t even met before. You wouldn’t understand one unless you’ve been in one. It’s a relationship like no other. It’s texting legitimately 24/7 because you always want to talk to them. Phone calls are so special because it’s the only way you feel close, you can hear their voice and now it becomes your favorite sound. If you’re able to video chat, it’s probably the best thing in the world to you. Seeing them smile and hearing them laugh is the most beautiful thing and beats any sunset you’ve ever seen. It’s substituting hand-holding with texts, kisses with phones calls, and hugs with skype calls. It’s the hardest thing in the world but honestly the most rewarding relationship out there. When you finally meet them, you swear you’ve died and went to heaven because they’re finally there, so close to you. You finally know their scent, the exact color of their hair, what shade of blue/green/brown their eyes are. You memorize every freckle and the curve of their back. You go through hell and back to be with this person, and at that moment, everything becomes worth it. You might not understand why people even try being in a long distance relationship, but certainly don’t underestimate them. Because some people do. And I am so fucking done. I miss him, Troye. I miss him so much.”

I have her text Tyler, telling him we will be there soon. The first thing I’m going to do is hug him. I can’t lose him. I can’t ever feel that pain.

***What a great ending. HMU if you liked it or didn't like it whatever:

hyelloh-there-troyler.tumblr.com

twitter: hyellohtroyler

ok that's all thank you v v much for reading and voting have a good day or night or whatever it is--TAy :)