Chapter 13: Unrealistic Alice

Ruka's P.O.V.

"Are? Where's Echo? Have you seen him Sakura-san?" I asked Mikan. She shook her head, in response to my question.

I bit my lip, seeing her reaction. Weird...I haven't seen Echo since...yesterday. I thought he overslept but it seems like he never does that. Where is he?

I gave Natsume a worried expression. As soon as he noticed me, he shrugged then gave the look that meant, 'Let's skip.' I gave up, and agreed.

I followed Natsume out the classroom. On the corner of my eyes, I saw Mikan gave a disapproving look. Haha, sorry Sakura-san...but classes can be a bore.

We walked down the quiet corridor, side by side. "Hey Natsume, where are we going?" I asked. He gave me a glance before answering.

"Obviously, somewhere away from here." He answered cooly. I nodded.

Silence.

I thought of a sudden question. "Where were you yesterday?" I asked curiously. Natsume's expression changed and as quick as it came, it went.

He didn't answer. Before I knew it, he quickened his pace and ran away. I didn't see his face, when he ran, since he dipped his head.

I felt hurt.

It didn't matter if Natsume didn't tell me the answer. I already knew where he went, but the fact that he didn't trust me enough to share me, his feelings, was the worst.

No. I'm not gonna stay here and be like this. Natsume is protecting me, and I don't want that. I want to make him smile. Because if he's hurt, then so am I.

I wiped my tears and ran towards the direction where he ran.

I'll find you, Natsume. Don't worry.

Natsume's P.O.V.

"Where were you yesterday?" I heard my friend break the silence. The color drained from from my face. I couldn't say it, I don't want Ruka to worry. I dipped my head, hiding my face with the shadows created by my hair.

And...I ran. Leaving Ruka behind.

I'm so sorry, Ruka... I just...don't want you to get hurt. That's why I'm doing those missions, he'd kill you if I disobey...

I ran towards the Northern Woods. It was one of my favorite places because it's peaceful and quiet. I abruptly stopped running, sat down, and leaned my back on a tree.

Sigh. What's the use? I can never escape from this hellhole.

I started thinking of the alice festival. As much as I want to disagree, I actually had fun. Especially when I saw Echo wearing a dress...he did look...beautiful...

I felt my cheeks heat up. What the fuck? Why did that just happen???

My thoughts drifted off to the last dance. Why did I ask to dance with him? He's a guy!!! Ugh, I must be going crazy.

I slapped myself mentally and stood up. I walked towards my secret cove. It's filled with cherry blossoms and in the middle was a lake. It'll take a bit of a while to get there, but it's worth it.

Oh yeah, where is Echo? No one has seen him...since yesterday... Even Ruka asked where was he.

Hmmm, maybe he just wondered off.

TIMESKIP

I entered my secret cove, and widen my eyes as I saw Echo. It was painful to see him like this. It was like he was having a nightmare. He was whimpering like a little puppy that got wounded. His face was written with hurt and fear all over.