Chapter 8: Stolen Hearts (Alice Festival Part 1)

3rd Person's P.O.V.

After Echo peacefully slept, a car/limo arrived at the entrance. As the blonde quickly went in, he shrieked at the bloody sight in front of him. It was horrifying. Heads, bodies, blood, everything, everywhere.

There was this, this stench, yes, it smelled metallic. Rust? No. It was...something else. Oh yes, he finally knew.

It was blood.

Goosebumps crawled unto his skin and he frantically looked around to spot a...'boy'. Alas, Narumi found an uncouncious Echo on the concrete, cold ground. He rushed to the 'boy' and hurriedly picked the child up.

He's so light! The blonde thought. But, it was true. Echo usually digests food quickly. So even if 'he' eats a lot, 'he' won't get fat. Resulting his weight.

Then Narumi shook his head, leaving the thought. He ran to the car/limo and quickly ordered to be brought back to Gakuen Alice. As they were on the way, Narumi was brushing Echo's hair. He just couldn't imagine what happened. But who killed them? He thought. Certainly not Echo, he's just a child! And look at all these injuries! Echo is drenched with blood!!!

He looked sadly at the child's figure. It was laughable, you know? He thought that the child was injured. His shirt and uniform was bloody.

But in truth, it was not 'his' blood. Narumi thought that 'some person' just came into the warehouse and killed everyone, but spared Echo's life, as well as Reo's.

What a pathetic brain he has! Then again, Echo does look harmless.

Or not.

TIMESKIP

Echo's P.O.V.

I groggily opened my eyes to see me in a hospital. WTF?! Again?!!! Grrr!!! Then I heard a: "He's awake! He's awake!"

I faced towards the sound and flinched. Mikan, Koko, Hotaru, Ruka, Sumiere, Iinchou, Narumi, Yoichi, even Natsume was here! "Uhhh, 'sup...?"

I have then decided to drop calling Natsume, 'Kuro'. I guess 'Natsume' sounds better.

"Don't 'sup us Echo! What happened there?!!! You were covered in blood!! BLOOD!!!" Narumi frantically yelled. "Yeah! What was the plan you told Mikan, huh?!! You just stood there and fought them?!!" Sumiere yelled.

I chuckled. "Awwww Sumiere, ya care!" She blushed beet red from embarrassment. "S-so what if I do care?!! Y-you were here f-for 1 whole day!!"

Psh, I just slept the whole day. I was tired, duh.

But of course I didn't say that, I simply acted stupid. "...rilly? Cool!" I fake-laughed playfully. Then I stopped as I saw their faces. I suspect it was shock? No. It was worry. And concern.

"Guyz, I'm nat dead. Na nid ta be sa verrid'!" I cheerfully comforted. Then they all sighed. Mikan spoke then. "Echo, what happend there? You didn't even finish telling me the plan! All you said was that you'll handle it!" I shrugged.

I sighed, "I'm sorry Mikan, at least, I'm still alive, ne?" I lied smoothly. I may have slightly warmed up to them, but it doesn't mean, I trust them.

"Nathin'! Sa anivey', shouldn't ya guyz priper' fur de Alice Festival?" I changed the subject.

She blinked. "Oh yeah!!! Okay! Echo, you rest up!!! Come when you are fully healed, OKAY??? BYE!!!!" She didn't even gave me the chance to speak, as she dragged Iinchou, Hotaru, and Ruka away.

Sumiere shrieked, "Come back you Baka! RUKA!!! ILL COME TO SAVE YOU!!!" She rushed away.

Narumi sighed, "I have to watch over them, Echo, please heal faster." He sadly smiled as he walked out.