Chapter 7: A Hunch

Koko's P.O.V.

I'm currently lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Since I'm in just a Double Star, my room isn't that...grand. It's a little above normal, you could say. The one keeping me from sleeping isn't because I want tired. It was because of a certain girl that infested my thoughts.

As I was thinking about her, I felt my heart skip a beat and my face slightly warm up. I placed a hand on my forehead.

Eh, do I have a fever?

TIMESKIP

Echo's P.O.V.

Hehe, last night, I bet you guys didn't expect that, ne? Well, I don't blame you guys. My, um, parents, treated me as a guy and, I kinda got used to it, I guess. Having short-ish hair isn't really helping, either. I guess I don't really care about genders. Personally, if you mistake me for a guy, I don't mind. Call me a girl, I don't care.

But, if you ever let me wear a dress...

I will kill you.

And I'll enjoy it.

I smirked.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar feeling coming.

...I feel that something's off today...like a hunch telling me that today will be a day to remember...

Well, it's probably just my imagination.

I walked in the classroom, stuffed because of my daily, luxurious breakfast. As I went inside, I heard my classmates talk about something, more specifically, someone.

"Ne ne Echo, do you know that Reo Mori, the superstar and actor???" Mikan asked excitedly to me. I looked at her with a straight face, "No, 'n' I suppoze ya don't either." I replied bluntly. She awkwardly sweat dropped and nodded. But then there was a sign behind her saying, 'I just wanted to brag about my knowledge to somebody else that doesn't know...but you figured it out *sad face*...'

I sighed, fixing Midnight around my neck. "So, vat 'bout dis guy?" I asked. The sign changed and it wrote, 'This is my chance!' She eyes sparkled, as she readied herself.

"They said that he'll perform at the Alice Festival! They also said that he was a graduate in Gakuen Alice and that he has Voice Pheromone Alice! Lastly, they said that he's coming here! He's just gonna have a check-up at the attached hospital today!"

I 'hm-ed' in reply. It sounds cool to have a superstar be in the festival! But...why do I still have a strange feeling...that something wrong will happen?

Then, I zoned out on the whole Ruka-being-sad thing. The last thing I knew was that Ruka, Yoichi, and Sumiere leaving, saying that they're going somewhere...

Yoichi crying for me, and the others following close behind.

TIMESKIP

I walked mindlessly in the middle of the Northern Woods. Strolling around as I thought of the many things that kept bothering me.

I had gotten quite fond of this forest. It allows me to enjoy nature, the simple things that God had created. Though, I still don't believe in him and things religious, I actually feel...normal, here in the woods.

So, I continued my troubled, confused mind, as it gains control of my thoughts. I seem to...be zooming out recently. I, don't feel like my usual self... I have gotten quite a number of hunches, recently... Some, even weirder than possibly imagined.

As I looked at all the trees that passed by, I stopped as I saw a certain burnt tree. That tree..., Natsume did it, ne?

Before a flashback could appear, I closed my eyes and stopped thinking about it. Then, I realized.