Chapter 19: The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing House Points

Start from the beginning

"You're not angry at me?"

"We all make mistakes, Harry. Some bigger than others. Hell, that might as well be my family's motto with some of the crazy things we have done!"

Harry looked up and smiled at me but there was still as sad look in his eyes. I knew there was something else bothering him but I wasn't going to push him. He would tell me when he was ready and I was more than willing to wait until he did. I had a free period in the morning and I wasn't due to ancient runes until after lunch, so I had all the time in the world. After a few minutes, Harry started to open up to me.

"Elsa, everyone knew everything about your family when you were growing up. Didn't they?"

"You have no idea. There is literally part of a museum dedicated to my dad."

"Dose it ever bother you, people knowing everything about you? I feel like everyone knows more about me than I know about me," Harry said, his eyes shimmering with tears as he looked up at me. The expression on his face was completely heart wrenching, the poor boy had no one in this world looking out for him growing up and it clearly showed on the look on his face.

"Yes and no," I said putting an arm around his shoulders. "I mean for the first four and a half years of my life I really didn't realise that my family was any different. All I knew was my dad was gone but he had saved a lot of people with the last thing he did. It wasn't until he was found frozen and still alive that I knew something was different. Even then, I didn't really care. I mean my dad had pretty much come back from the dead in the mind of four-year-old me. After the battle of New York, that's when things started to get crazy. From the first day I started at school people knew who I was, I mean I did have Captain America picking me up from school every day. It was hard, I never knew who wanted to be my friend because of me or because of my dad. But the one thing I will be forever grateful for is that my parent kept me out of the media. I mean Cassy grew up in front of the camera and I have seen what it was done to her. But that didn't stop people from trying to find about our everyday life, which wasn't fun. But trust me Harry, you learn to live with it. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be there for you."

"Really?" Harry asked, wiping away the tears from his eyes.

"There was something my dad and his best friend used to say to each other growing up, that they would be there for each other until the end of the line. And that's what I'm telling you right now, I will be there for you Harry. Until the end of the line."