FIVE- Quite An Eventful Christmas

The next day, Anita, John, and Sherlock were sitting at the dining table in the living room. Anita had made breakfast, but as usual Sherlock didn't take a plate. Sherlock was reading the newspaper and was still recovering from being drugged. Mycroft had also decided to pay the trio a visit.

"The photographs are perfectly safe," Sherlock told him.

"In the hands of a fugitive sex worker," Mycroft commented.

"She's not interested in blackmail. She wants... protection for some reason. I take it you've stood down the police investigation into the shooting at her house?" Sherlock questioned.

"How can we do anything while she has the photographs? Our hands are tied," Mycroft remarked.

"She'd applaud your choice of words," Anita chimed in, a smirk growing on her lips.

"You see how this works: that camera phone is her 'get out of jail free' card. You have to leave her alone. Treat her like royalty, Mycroft," Sherlock said.

"Though not the way she treats royalty," John commented, causing Anita to snort and shake her head. John's smile brightened at this.

Then a female sigh filled the room. Though if you were to ask Anita, it was a moan. John, Mycroft, and Anita all frowned at the noise.

"What was that?" Anita asked, seeing as she was the only female in the room and it most definitely didn't come from her, she was a bit confused.

"Text," Sherlock answered, trying to look nonchalant.

"But what was that noise?" John questioned. Sherlock stood up and went over to pick up his phone from nearby, read the message, then put it back on the table. Anita and John shared a look, but turned back to Sherlock when he started talking again.

"Did you know there were other people after her too, Mycroft, before you sent John, Anita, and I in there? CIA-trained killers, at an excellent guess," he asked as he sat down at the table.

"Yeah, thanks for that, Mycroft," Anita commented, narrowing her eyes at him. She had nearly been shot and if he knew she had every right to shove her shoe so far up his-

Mrs. Hudson walked into the room, bringing Anita and the boys tea.

"It's a disgrace, sending your little brother and his friends into danger like that. Family is all we have in the end, Mycroft Holmes," she said, setting her hand on Anita's upper arm.

"Oh, shut up, Mrs. Hudson," Mycroft said. In an instant, Sherlock, John, and Anita turned to him, their anger quickly filling the room.

"Mycroft!" Anita and Sherlock shouted at him while John simultaneously shouted:

"Oi!"

Mycroft took a look at the anger trio, cringing before turning to Mrs. Hudson.

"Apologies."

"Thank you," Mrs. Hudson said as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Though do, in fact, shut up," Sherlock commented. Anita rolled her eyes at him and slapped him upside the head. He turned around and glared at her, but she just smiled at him sarcastically. Sherlock had to admit that she looked rather adorable when she looked at him like that. Then Sherlock's phone went off again, the same female moan ringing through the room.

"Ooh. It's a bit rude, that noise, isn't it?" Mrs. Hudson asked as Sherlock looked at the message.

"There's nothing you can do and nothing she will do as far as I can see," Sherlock said, ignoring Mrs. Hudson.