𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯 || To Meet the Truth

Start from the beginning

"W-what?" whispered Emery. 

"Tsk, tsk," said Cecilia. "Pity. So naïve, so oblivious," she said. "And here I thought you were sorted into Ravenclaw for a reason," she continued, glaring at Emery.

Cecilia let out a cold laugh.

Emery paled. "Cecy," she whispered. Emery was terrified. Cecilia was gone, leaving a monster in her place.

"Don't," Cecilia growled. "Call me Cecy."

Emery let out a sob.

Cecilia hummed, then laughed again. She advanced closer to Emery, lowering her voice down to a whisper. 

"You're scared, aren't you?" she smirked, looking at Emery's expression. "Of me."

Emery gulped. 

Cecilia laughed again. "As you should be," she whispered.

The younger girl inched further from her cousin, wondering what on earth had possessed her.

Cecilia flashed her eyes. 

"I am glad she died," Cecilia said softly, almost as if Emery never heard it. "But at the same time disappointed," she continued.

Emery listened quietly, thinking that her ears were deceiving her.

"I'm upset, because she knew. She knew all this time, and didn't even think to tell me," began  Cecilia. 

"She had secrets. Secrets that concerned me. She knew why her husband left her. She knew everything," Cecilia finished with a snarl.

"What?" asked Emery, not believing her ears.

Cecilia sighed.

"You wonder why I'm glad she died, right?" she asked, turning to face Emery.

Emery nodded slightly.

"Because she wasn't my mother," said Cecilia. "She lied. She lied to me all my life," she said. "She didn't even feel guilty," she spat. "Not one bit."

Emery gasped. 

"Shocked, aren't you?" Cecilia asked, chuckling. "That tends to happen."

She huffed.

"You see, dear Emery," Cecilia said, "My mother didn't die of dragon pox. She was murdered."

"What?" said Emery, tears pooling in her eyes. "But Mama said-"

"That's what everyone thinks. That she had dragon pox. But they were wrong," said Cecilia. "And now, I will explain why."

 "Months ago, before the summer break ended, my mother, or should I say, Delilah, got a letter," began Cecilia.

She stopped pacing and sat on the bed, facing Emery. 

"I saw the letter on her nightstand. It was signed by Elanor." She paused. 

"Then I asked myself who Elanor was," she continued. "When I opened the letter, I was surprised. It was a threat."

"A threat?" Emery echoed. 

"Mhmm," hummed Cecilia. "It said 'Give me my daughter back. Our contract has ended. If you do not, then you will face the consequences.' After reading it, I wondered if it was a mistake. But Delilah's name was clearly inscribed in the back. That's when I knew, Delilah was never my real mother," Cecilia said bitterly.