|XXV|

Scout was surprisingly still standing on her own, and, Asher unlocked the door. Scout walked up the stairs to the apartment and only slipped once, and it was on a slug on one of the steps.

"You can really hold your liquor, for your age." Asher said quietly and she opened the door to his apartment, and she shrugged a little. "Let me guess for this one... a trick that you picked up from Juvie? Or a trick that you picked up from me?" He asks as she shrugged a little, looking at the couch, and then, back into the little small bedroom at the back of the apartment.

"I'll take the couch."

They both looked at each other and Asher sighed at the impasse, looking around very carefully, at the small-ish amount of the apartment's spacing.

"Okay, fine then. I will only sleep and take one side of the couch, rather, my couch, and you can take the other. We all good?" He asked and she smiled, as they reached an agreement.

"Thanks for letting me share your couch, Asher." She murmured and he shrugged at her and she went into the bathroom to change her clothes, so she was not sleeping in clothes, that freaking stunk of liquor still.

She came out of the bathroom wearing one of Asher's old tank tops and an extra pair of sweats that she's always kept with her, for years.

Asher was already lying on his side and was apparently already asleep or at least mostly on his way there, and a quiet sigh came from Scout.

She walked over and got under the covers that Asher had scrounged out from around the apartment, and, she was mulling over what she had said a bit earlier, in response to Tory's insult against Asher.

"Cobra Kai may never die, but me? Miyagi-Do and the Serpents? We will never forget. He will never become a ghost."

Scout looked over at Asher, who appeared to her at least, to be sleepin' quite peacefully.

She gently moved his left arm, so it was lying around her shoulders and she smiled at the familiar weight of it.

She saw a new tattoo on his wrist and she raised her eyebrow at it, and their writing was small.

"My Serpents are my family, my home and my life. God help me and us all, if I should ever forget this."

She smiled a little and there was something on the palm of his hand and she traced the words lightly with a fingertip.

"I am not going to be a snake, and I promise that I never will be. I am not a Cobra, I am a Serpent. I will never unleash my inner snake, for I am a Serpent warrior, not a Cobra Kai." She murmured out loud and Asher smiled a little.

"Glad to see that at least one somebody likes it where it is now, so I don't have to get it removed and to be starting again." He said and opens his eyes, rolling over quickly, in order to look at her.

"I've got an idea, which you are absolutely free to hate. I think that you should get a Bonsai tree tattooed on your arm, as if it is growing out of the cobra." Scout suggested and Asher looks at the tattoo on his arm, and, his eyes narrowed.

"That is a great idea." He said and she leaned her head on his chest, and falls asleep pretty quickly.

Asher smiled and shakes his head before falling asleep himself, and they both ended up snoring, not realizing a bit too late, that Scout's phone was going off constantly.