|XII|

Scout finished up her homework before she left LaRusso Auto, and she spotted Robby standing by her car. At the look on his face, Scout could see that he was ready to argue about her state of mind.

"I don't want to argue with you right now, Robby. I just need to go home to sleep." She said, and she unlocked her car doors, and he went to get into the car. "Sorry Robby. My parents are having some people over and I really can't give you a ride tonight. I'm going to be picking up a couple of friends first and there won't be any space."

Robby nodded in understanding and he grabbed his skateboard, out of the back of the car and sped off on it.

Scout felt absolutely terrible about lying to him, but she didn't call him back over to explain, as she pulls out a burner phone and she dialed the almost all-too familiar phone number.

She held it up to her ear and waited for a couple of seconds, as the phone had begun to ring. "Hey."

"I really, seriously thought that this time Ash, you weren't gonna pick up the phone." She said and he sighed on the other end of the line.

"It might take you a couple tries and calls, but I will always pick up the phone eventually." He points out and Scout sighed.

"I'm coming to you. I'll be there in a bit, don't bring everybody." She said and he laughed, as the line went dead swiftly a moment later.

Scout got swiftly into her older car and she buckles her seatbelt on. Her headlights lit up, and she backed out and drives off quickly.

She didn't notice, but Robby was taking off after her with a couple of his buddies on their skateboards, at a distance following her.

Scout made her way through the Valley and turned the opposite way, in order to go away from her house. It was a move that caused the others but mostly Robby, to pull up short at their sudden change of direction.

"She lied to me." He said very quietly and they all look over at him, and, he shook his head at them. "Go home. I'm done with this shit." He said, and they nodded, as they walked away.

Robby went off quickly, turning towards his mom's apartment and where he knew that his mom would try to lie to him. But, at least that he knew that none of it was truly real.

Scout continued to drive and took their pre-planned, extra long route to discourage pursuers from following at her heels.

She parked a few blocks away and began to walk through the one of the worst areas in the Valley, as she had one of her hands out with a blade in her sleeve silently.

She smiled a little bit, at the familiar symbols painted green on the ground and on the walls occasionally a couple of feet in between them always.

She held multiple bags of food over her back and arms, until she reached a big Serpent symbol, that stretched most of the way up the wall and not to mention, it stayed upright, tall and an proud animal always.

She knocked twice, hissed twice and knocked three more times. There was a slot in the door that opened as a boy peeked out, and she sighed. "Serpents don't have fangs." She said and he was hesitant, but he shut the slot, lockin' it quickly and opens the door anyways.

"Thanks kiddo." She said and a familiar face smirked a little bit, as he got out of his chair. "Hey Asher." She said and he chuckled quickly, walking over and hugging her tightly. "Ow." He let her go and smiled a little.

Scout dropped many of the bags onto the floor and Asher chuckled a little at all of the food. "You spoil us. Come on out!" He calls out and people sped out of the shadows as a swarm of Serpent Jackets surrounded the bags on their floor.

Scout followed Asher over to the quieter area, which was basically just her following him into a smaller room where there was only a couple older Serpents standing there.

"Food is in the other room. Go get some, before it's gone." Asher stated and the two of the oldest ones of the Serpents, that Scout had ever seen at the moment, they walked out of their little private room.

"So, the rumors are true. You are the Serpent King." She said and she tossed herself onto the nearest couch, and he chuckled a little bit.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm still getting used to the whole gig." He points out and she shoved over slightly, and he sat down as well next to her.

Scout held out a hamburger to him and he raised his eyebrows at it, and he looked at her. "Sorry, a little bit of a squashed burger. But, I figured that in your usual case... you get nothing, so I brought some for you." She said as he looked at her with a grin, and he hugs her again. "Ow... Ash, can't breathe."

He released her again and opened it quickly, as he began to swallow it all at once. "Whoa take it easy Ash. When was the last time you ate?" She asked and he looked at her. "Properly." She'd clarify and he sighed.

"Three weeks." He said and just as soon as the food was swallowed by him, her hand came around and his head snapped back from the force of the slap. "Shit!" He shouts and looked at her with shock in his face. "What the fucking hell was that for?" He asks and she shakes her head.

"I have been bringing you all food together, really good food, ever since I got out. You really haven't been eating any of it?" She asked and he sighed, as he looks down at the floor. "I am sorry I didn't mean that. I've just had a day."

He smiled a little and they hugged it out. "We all have those days." He said and she chuckled a little.

"Damn right."