From a Father's Perspective

Ron's POV

Hermione and I walked up the steps of Malfoy manor, eager to see our grandchildren, daughter, and son in law. 

I knocked on the door using the special knock, and little Leo opened the door for us, showing his gap filled smile when he saw us. "GRANDMA!!!! GRANDPA!!!!!" he hugged us. "Mummy and Daddy are talking with my other grandpa in the living room! Follow me!" 

We followed him into the living room, where sure enough Rose and Scorpius were talking with Draco, Rose holding Oliver, and Scorpius holding Adrien. Astoria was playing dolls in the corner with Holly, who had just aged six months the day before, and had the doll head in her mouth. Astoria, Leo, and Cedric were triplets, Minerva (Minnie, as we called her) was a single birth, and Holly, Adrien, and Oliver were triplets. 

"MINNIE!!!!! I don't want to play dress up!!!!!" we looked to our left, where Cedric was running from Minnie, who was holding a sparkly, poofy pink dress. 

Rose laughed and bounced Oliver a bit "Minnie, it's almost time for dinner, put it away, please." 

Minnie sighed. "Okay mum." 

It felt weird to hear my daughter being called 'mum', but I loved it all the same. Astoria started putting her dolls away, and Holly crawled over to me and gestured for me to pick her up by opening and closing her little fists. 

I picked her up and she hugged me. "Aw!!!" Hermione said and Holly smiled at her. Rose smiled and hugged Hermione and I, still holding Oliver. "I'm so glad you were able to come!" She said. 

We sat down at the dinner table, and had a lively conversation as we ate. 

After dessert (Vinegar pie) we were in the living room again. 

"I'm so glad to see you so happy after... that." I said to Rose, who was nursing Holly under a blanket. "I'm happy too. That was crazy...." That caught the kids's attention. They all sat by her and looked at her. 

"Mum, what do you mean by 'That was crazy'?" Astoria asked. 

"Well.... a lot of it...." all of the adults looked at the ground, including me. Rose had been tortured a lot, she had watched people die, was kidnapped several times, and even thought that we hated her at one point. 

"Um.... I'll tell it." I said, and they flipped their heads around and ran over to me. 

"What happened?! Tell me every last detail!!!!" Minnie said, and I laughed. 

"So... Rose was eleven years old, and met a boy in a compartment. His name was..." 

"Scorpius Malfoy." The kids chorused. 

"Yes, Scorpius Malfoy. I had told Rose not to befriend him..." Bronwyn shook her head at me, looking very disappointed. "..... And at first, she obeyed me." 

They flipped around to Rose, and Scorpius laughed. "Well, anyways, at the sorting ceremony, your mummy was sorted into Gryffindor, and your daddy into Slytherin. People bullied your dad and your mum because of who their families were, and I'd imagine it was pretty hard. Then, after your dad started his fourth year, his best friend Albus, who you know as uncle Albus, was manipulated into rewriting time to save Cedric Diggory by a lady named Delphi, and he had your dad come with him. He accidentally made your mum nonexistent." 

Their accusatory glances went from Rose to Scorpius, who sheepishly smiled. "After that, your daddy was kidnapped by Delphi with Albus, and Delphi tried to force them to bring Cedric Diggory back again. And, as we found out later, keep your mummy from existing." 

They looked back at Scorpius and Rose, this time shock written all over their faces. "Delphi wanted to stop mummy from being born?!" Astoria asked, and we all nodded. "Why?!" 

"Delphi marked your mum as her equal, because your mummy has strong blood. But, we stopped her and we thought everything was over. Then, Delphi escaped. The first thing she did was threaten your mummy with notes, and your mummy didn't tell us for a month." 

They all gasped in unison, and Holly shoved a part of my shirt in her mouth. 

"Then, Delphi took her away from us...."

"Wait wait wait!" Astoria put her little hands up as a gesture for me to stop. "Delphi took my mummy away from you?!" 

I nodded. "Your grandma, your daddy, your other grandpa and I were all very worried about her." 

Leo got off my lap and hugged Rose. "What did she do to you, mummy?" He asked her. 

Rose's eyes widened. She had been tortured so many times that it blurred together, and she didn't want to tell her little babies about that until they were older. "Um... she hurt me... I'll tell you when you're older, I promise." 

Leo kept hugging Rose and turned to me. "So, your daddy couldn't take not being with your mummy, and he rescued her. Your mummy was hurt pretty badly, and she had to stay at the doctor's for a really long time." 

All of the kids that were over two were totally hooked. 

"And then... while your other grandpa was taking care of your mummy, your daddy came in." 

"What did he do?" Cedric was absorbing every bit of this. 

"He took your mummy by the hand and told her how much he loved her." 

The girls squealed and the boys gagged. 

"Did Delphi ever come back?!" Astoria asked, and the room fell dead silent. 

 I nodded. "Delphi came back over and over again for your mummy, and even gave her a lightning scar. But your mummy got really good at using magic." 

Leo's eyes were as wide as saucers as he gripped Rose. Scorpius had his arm wrapped around Leo and Rose as well. 

"She was able to beat Delphi when she was seventeen years old, and a month later, she married your dad." 

They gawked at us for a few moments, before Astoria finally spoke up. 

"That is a crazy story!" 

We all nodded, and Rose stood up, still holding Leo. "Okay kiddos, it's 8:30, time to go to bed." 

The kids all groaned and trudged up the stairs to their rooms. After Rose tucked them all in, she sat back down next to Scorpius.

"Well, mum, dad, Draco, we have news." She said. "I'm pregnant again." 

Hermione hugged Rose. "We're so happy that you're able to have a good life after those experiences!" 

Rose nodded. "We want to have as many kids as we can comfortably afford and take care of." 

We talked for a few more hours, and after Hermione and I left we talked in our own front room for a bit. 

"You know, Hermione, as hard as it was to watch Rose go through that, I wonder if it was for the better." I said. 

"Yes, she wouldn't have fallen in love with Scorpius otherwise." She responded. 

"Who knows what would have happened if just one thing had changed?" I wondered aloud. 

"I think that it happened for a reason." Hermione said. 

"Yeah. Well, I guess it did."