Chapter 1

Quinn's POV
It's the first day of Junior Year, today. I just can taste success for this year, I'm back on top. Head Cheerio, dating the Quarterback (again), so my rep looks great, and that's all I care about really. You can always get what you want when you're a popular, hot 17 year old. That's why I do all of this for my reputation, although I'd love to just be naturally popular like in those high school movies. life isn't like that though. You have to be friends with the other popular people, and you certainly have to date the coolest guy at school. Oh look, there's Finn, standing by my locker.
"Hey sweetie," he says, kissing me on the forehead, making me cringe inside
"Finn, that looked so cute. Everyone saw. I can't wait to start the campaign for the winter ball!" I say
"Yeah, but- I also can't wait to hang out with you, be your boyfriend. Not just your ball king"
"uh yeah obviously! you are my boyfriend. not just that"
Finn and I walk to registration, hand in hand. It feels amazing to finally be back on top, everyone looking at us. Honestly, I feel like royalty.
"I guess I'll see you later" he says
"Of course. Love you" I say
"Love you too, Quinn"
I hear squeals from Brittany as I walk into my room. Brittany has been my friend since grade 8, since she moved here.
"Omigod Quinn! You never told us you and Finn were back together! You're so cute!!" she exclaims
"It's not that important, Brittany"
"To be in love! Of course it is!!"
"It's not! I might pretend it is important in the hallways, but honestly it's not. It's normal."
"It is. It's a 'connection'" Santana walks over, air-quoting connection
"I don't know"
Santana rolls her eyes, her signature facial expression that she'd been pulling since grade 7. I guess she gets me. Maybe Finn and I are exactly like her and Puck...

At lunch, I have Cheerios practice. Santana, Brittany and I walk down the hallway to practice, where I'm greeted with all the underclass-men running at me, instantly asking me the nature of my relationship with Finn. See, it's not that easy being popular. But you have to do what you have to do. And I need that crown, that's never-ending respect, and every head cheerio wins each year. I can't let down that trend.

In forth period, I get an Instagram from Santana.
santanalopez: U seem out of touch today. u good?
quinnfabrayy: i don't know. i've just been thinking       about stuff
santanalopez: sounds serious. want to talk ltr?
quinnfabrayy: k, after school?
santanalopez: yeah. let's go to mine.