Beauty and the Geek

Start from the beginning

"You okay?" Rae asks.

"Y-yeah. I guess you can say it's much different here than my home." She nods confused about what you said.

The two of you work on the assignment and before you know it it's 7pm.

"Girls do you want dinner?" Her mom asks.

"Want to stay for dinner?" They won't notice if you're gone..right?

"I would love to but I'm not sure how my parents would feel about it.."

"What? About you staying for dinner? I was going to see if you wanted to spend the night here. You aren't too bad y/n." A night away from them would be good for you y/n. You can't let them control your life anymore.

"O-okay."

"So you'll stay??" You just nod and she hugs you tight. A little too tight and that causes you to whimper.

Once again that leaves Rae confused but shrugs it off and leads you to the table. At the table Rae's mom, dad and sister wait for us. You sit near Rae and look at the plate of spaghetti in front of you.

"Y/n is going to stay the night mom."

"That's great. I hope you two are having a great time."

"We are. Thank you for having me Mr. and Mrs. Hofstetter."

"Anytime sweetie." You can't remember the last time you were given this much affection. You slowly eat the plate of pasta in front of you. It's the average plate to some but it's a mountain to you.

Your parents never allowed you to eat in the house. If you did they made you throw it back up. The guilt consumes you when you realize you haven't eaten even a quarter of your plate and you feel full.

"What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the food?" Mrs. Hofstetter asks.

"No no no not at all. I'm just not that hungry. It's really good. I wish my parents cooked like this."

"Oh okay. Don't you worry about it. I can keep it in the fridge if you want it later." You just nod a bit. Rae takes you to her room when she's finished.

"W-wheres the bathroom..?" You ask.

"Y/n..no. I know what you're going to do. I know what you do during lunch. I'm not letting you do that. Let's do something to take your mind off it."

She knows? She pays attention to you?

"Okay..like what?"

"How about a makeover? I give them to all my friends. It will be fun I promise." You just nod a little not wanting to disappoint her.

Rae takes some clothes out of her closet. A pair of ripped skinny jeans, a crop top and some sneakers. "We are about the same size I believe." You put on the clothes when she turns around. You feel hot tears  burn your eyes. The jeans are a few sizes too big and with the crop top you can see all the bruises and cuts. The moment the sob leaves your mouth Rae turns around.

"Oh my god..y/n.." she says with a loss for words. "W-who did that?"

"N-no one..I'm c-clumsy.." you say. Why are you protecting them??

"It's your parents isn't it?"

"N-no..they love me.." you say with tears falling even faster.

"You can tell me the truth.."

"No I can't.." you finally say.

"You can y/n..tell me what's been going on." You take a deep breath.

"Fine..I guess. You know that house we drove by that looks abandoned?" She nods. "Well inside those walls is the story of a broken girl named y/n. I grew up there. Always have. Only place I could afford to swing when my parents had me working. I've been working since I was 7. You don't want to know the jobs my dad had me do for his friends..I had to go to school every day with an excuse on why I had a new bruise or why I was limping. I tried to die 4 times. Once when I was 13, again when I was 16 and two times this year.." Rae is now full on crying.

She clings to you. "I-I'm glad you're still here.."

"I wish I wasn't.." you mumble. Rae's eyes go to your lips almost like she's asking for permission. She leans in a bit and soon you follow.

"Are you sure..because that makes me sad.."

"Well I wouldn't want a beautiful girl like you to be sad." You say. She kisses you again quickly and smiles.

The rest of the night is filled with cuddling and cute kisses shared between the two of you. After you fall asleep Rae sends a quick text to Abe along with a picture of you cuddling up to her.

The dare is off Abe, she's mine now😤❤️

——————————————
A bit longer but I hope this is what you wanted!! Please continue to give your requests!! This one was sad but cute and I really enjoyed writing it.

-Andy💕