He froze at her words, his hands stopped caressing hers as he feels every inch of his skin feels like there are sparks spreading all over the surface, halting all thoughts when they reach his now empty head. It went like that for a few seconds before the buzzes dies down and he finds himself still looking at her in such unexplainable daze.

"Taehyung...?"

Haru tilts her head slightly, eyebrows furrowed slightly at the strange expression taking over his face. She watches as he blinks every now and then, looking like he is thinking about something, but nothing came out of his mouth. She cups his face with her right hand, her thumb stroking his cheek trying to get him back to her.

"Tae, are you okay? Did I say something wrong? Was I being too pushy to request something—"

"I love you"

"What?", her voice came out like a whisper and when she tries to pull her hand from his face, he beats her to it and pressed his palm on her hand.

"I love you, Haru. I really love you", he says again softer this time, eyes melting into a gentle gaze as he studies her puzzled expression.

"A-Are you sleep talking?", she tries to pull away, but Taehyung catches her hand and holds it firmly. "Y-You never said that before and I—"

"No, I am not", he moves closer, eyes locked on her. "I planned to tell you earlier but I could not find the right time. But I think, right now is just the right time"

He caught the way Haru's eyes widen at his confession, the look of uncertainties filling her face as she looks at him in disbelief. She timidly looks at him, confused eyes silently seeking for assurance at the sudden revelation. He gives her time, allowing her to process everything and giving her space if she wants to say something, anything but when she says nothing, Taehyung took the lead and speaks.

"I am in love you, Haru, crazily even. I am madly in love with you, and I think it's insane because I never felt this way before"

His eyes never shift from hers, wanting to closely watch every single of reaction. He wants to see and maybe, if possible, memorize the swift changes on her features when she finally grasps his words. He does not want to miss it because every second of her being is something he cherishes the most.

He feels the tension slowly dissipates out of her, leaving her subtly relaxing as her eyes no longer hold that clear doubts as she finally registers everything. Instead, there is this one look slowly drawing out on her features, painting her cheeks soft pink and her eyes become glassy as time ticks by.

"You're in love with me", she found her voice after the strange lump in her throat clears out, giving way for her to breathe normally again. "Taehyung, did you just say you're in love with me"

"Yes"

"And you're not sleep talking?"

"I am not"

Taehyung closes the small gap between them, hands gently cupping her face as he looks at her in the most loving way possible. He watches as her eyes seems to waver at the proximity of their faces, so close they might just kiss. He senses the way she looks a little stunned, but, he promised himself to let her move at her own pace and he will do anything to make her believe everything he just said.

After all, he is undeniably in love with her.

"I know it's too early, but I love you", he presses his lips on her forehead, catching her off guard and pulling a little gasp out of her. "I really do"