Sure, Tooru was touch starved. Sure, he'd really like to kiss Misaki every day. But really, he was happy as they were now. Besides, there was Misaki's promise to think about; that she would come to Argentina to be with him, but only when she had graduated and when she had started off her volleyball podcast. (Tooru had immediately laid claim to the first guest episode; it couldn't be anyone else besides him, he had told Misaki.)

They were happy with each other and that's all that mattered.

*

Misaki knew she was not the only person to have noticed it. She was pretty sure Tooru had noticed too. The relationship that had been going strong for all this time (two and a half years of being away from each other) was now slowly hitting a wall. It was nobody's fault though. Tooru was playing in matches a lot more than he when had first arrived and there were also rumors floating around that he could be made the starting setter of CA San Juan very soon. Misaki was very very proud of him for that and so excited for him too.

But she was getting busy too. Like Tooru, she was hard at work, setting up her own podcast as well as simultaneously working on her journalism degree. Assignments, tests, projects...they were getting a lot more frequent.

Both of them were getting incredibly busy. Video calls between them had dropped to thrice a week from the usual daily ones; and even these were much shorter. Phone calls were short and simple, asking about their day and because of the time difference also, they had to cut those short. Text messages were just one-two word replies.

It was almost killing Misaki; the fact that their relationship was now at this stage. A stage that made things so fragile. There was no fighting between her and Tooru; it was just that the two of them were barely getting to talk and that was affecting her in more ways than one.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa noticed it too. No matter how much Misaki tried to hide, they could clearly see that she was slowly becoming emo. And well...they couldn't have that.

As they loudly announced their entrance to her room in their shared apartment, Misaki looked up from where she was lying on her bed, just mindlessly staring at her phone.

"What the hell are you two doing?" She said, sitting up on her bed. "And Makki, what the hell are you doing with my laptop?"

Hanamaki grinned as he sat in front of her on the bed, Matsukawa mirroring his grin as he sat next to him.

"We can't have you all moping now," Hanamaki said as he opened up her laptop; not that she minded. "So we have an idea."

"And really, you can't say no to it," Matsukawa said as he poked her knee. She slapped his hand away, sending him a glare.

"What do you even mean?"

"Well, you already impulsively bought a ring so..."

Misaki covered her face in her hands, a dark blush spreading across her cheeks. It had been such a stupid thing; just a random day when she had commented to the two idiots sitting in front of her that she'd like to marry Oikawa someday and before night had fallen, she stupidly went and bought a ring. "Don't remind me of that, you idiots."

"Nah ah, don't go hiding your face now," Hanamaki said, typing away on her laptop. Since the screen was turned away, she couldn't even see what he was doing. "And besides, I think you're gonna like this. It's an advance birthday gift from both of us." Pressing the enter key, he turned the laptop towards her and she finally saw the words visible on the screen.

Misaki's eyes immediately widened. "No, you guys didn't..."

"Yes, we did," The two said in unison.