Right, Jennie grimaced. That's her way of saying she doesn't give a shit.

Her chest tightened painfully, but she embraced the pain because a sick part of her thought that she deserved it.

"I'm sorry for bothering you so early in the morning and to interrupt your sleep," Lisa said after she took a sip from her cup, tending the soreness in the walls of her throat.

"You'd never — I mean, it's okay. I wasn't sleeping anyway," Jennie mumbled the last part, but Lisa heard it just as clear.

"You're awake already?"

"Yeah," Jennie lied. "I slept too early last night, so..."

Lisa just stared at her pensively and Jennie wanted to look away. She had never been able to handle Lisa's gaze at times like this, one where Lisa clearly knew Jennie's lying and just waiting to see whether Jennie would eventually be honest or not. And Jennie being Jennie, chose the latter.

"No. You haven't slept all night." Lisa stated more than asked.

"I did sleep. I just woke up early."

Lisa sighed and leaned back on her seat. "Is it that easy for you, Jennie? Choosing to lie to me?" Lisa asked just above a whisper, but it was loud enough to cut through Jennie's chest.

Something flashed in Lisa's eyes and Jennie's stomach churned as the blonde's eyes hardened. "Is it?"

"So what if I haven't slept all night? What is it to you? Why would it matter?" Jennie fired back, her throat closing up because Lisa always knew how to get to her.

Lisa seemed taken aback at Jennie's harsh and forward response, but before she could even think of an answer, Jennie continued.

"Why are you even here?"

Lisa watched as Jennie's chest rose and fell, her tired eyes glaring at her. Lisa knew this was the part where she should be honest to Jennie, but her mind went blank. The only thing she could focus on was how fast Jennie's heart was beating at the moment, how the brunette's body reacted to her presence.

How she still affect Jennie.

Maybe it's a sin to feel this way, but Lisa was glad she could still make Jennie react that way. Glad, in the sickest way possible.

"Taehyung couldn't come," Lisa said calmly, her eyes still watching Jennie. "So he asked me to."

Jennie scoffed. "If you don't want to be here, feel free to leave. I'll tell Tae to just come by whenever he can."

"Cool. But I'm not leaving," Lisa simply said and she could hear Jennie's heart stopped for half a second. "I'm not leaving you alone."

She wasn't alone, Lisa's mind commented. You're just being selfish, wanting her all for yourself.

Lisa clenched her jaw at that, because it's true. She could've left when she heard another steady heartbeat in the apartment. When she noticed another scent that wasn't Jennie's.

But she's selfish. Possessive, even when it's not her place anymore. So, she didn't leave.

"I'm fine, okay? Yes, I haven't slept yet but I'm fine. You don't have to — you don't have to stay. I'm sure you have more important things to take care of."

"I don't," Lisa replied in a tone Jennie wished she could give out. Jennie wished she wasn't this affected by the blonde's presence, but who was she kidding?

"You should go get some sleep, Jennie. But I'm staying. Just pretend I'm not here," Lisa said, taking off her leather jacket. "I promise I won't make a sound."