Chapter 63 : We've Been Caught...

A couple days later, we were learning the patronus charm in the DA lessons. Harry has been successful at this many of times. He told me it's like learning to ride a bike, it's hard but as soon as you've done it once it's harder to fail when you try again.

I stood in a clear area and thought to myself.

Okay, what makes me happy? I closed my eyes and thought for a second. I thought about the first time I saw Hogwarts. How magical it was. The candles on the roof of the Great Hall. The boat ride over to the castle. The music. The smiles. How exciting it was. How happy I was at the time.

I opened my eyes and waved my wand, "expecto patronum."

But nothing came out. I grumbled and looked around at everyone else succeeding. An otter came out of Hermiones wand swimming circles around her.

Why isn't it working for me?

"Think if your happiest memory," I heard Harry yell from the other side of the classroom.

I stared at him as he walked around. I smiled and closed my eyes again.

"Your hands," he muttered,"aren't they cold?"

I shut my hands away in the sleeves of my hoodie and shook my head. "There fine," I smiled and then giggled when I looked at his face.

"Your nose is all pink," I chuckled and stood on my top toes, pecking his nose. He chuckled and brushed the hair off my shoulders, placing his hands either side of my neck. "Your adorable," he smiled and pulled me in, kissing me for a long time.

"Kissing me out in public," I teased and started walking backwards, "aren't you worried we'll get caught?"

"What's life without a little risk?" He smirked and I giggled, running away.

"Come here you little nutter," he chuckled and ran after me.

I opened my eyes and smiled. I continued to think of that moment as I waved my wand, "expecto patronum."

A blue light shone out of my wand and a small brown baby bear ran circles around me. I did it. I giggled as it fell over, rolling around in the air.

I continued to do it over and over again, watching the brown bear play around. Harry came over to me and smiled, snaking an arm around my waist, "well done."

"Thank you," I smiled widely.

Suddenly there was a bang on the wall. Then another. All the lights from the patronus' around the room disappeared and a few rocks came flying out of the wall.

I made my way over to the wall, Harry following slowly behind. I looked through the small hole in the wall and saw Umbridge with Filch and a few of the other Inquisitorial Squad members.

"I'm going to make this very easy for you," Umbridge spoke calmly, "bombarda maxima."

Harry rapidly grabbed my waist, diving down to protect me from the hundreds of rocks falling around us.

Everyone covered themselves from the stones and then Harry and I stood up, me brushing myself off for a second before following him through the rubble.

Draco Malfoy then came out from around the corner, holding Cho Chang by her robes.

We've been caught...