Chapter 76 : Christmas

Hi guys, sorry it's been so long 😬. I've been really caught up with my own problems and haven't had time to write. But I'm back now so, here's an extra long chapter, happy reading :)

I didn't get much sleep that night.

That morning, I laid in bed, facing the ceiling, with the back of my head resting on my arm. Harry slept soundly beside me and I tried to stay as still as possible, so I wouldn't wake him up. I was in my own world for hours.

Thinking.

I had so many questions.

Why is my dad back all of a sudden?
Is he okay now? Or is he just pretending?
Is Voldemort planning his next attack? Can Voldemort still look into Harry's mind?
Is he in there right now?

I turned my head facing him, to see my boyfriend calmly resting. I slowly turned to face him, his breath fanning my face. It seamed like he was dreaming. Something happy I hoped.

I stroked the side of his face softly and rested my hand on his cheek. I kissed his lips as soft as I could and caressed his cheek with my thumb.

"Harry," I whispered and kissed his forehead. He hummed groggily and I kissed his lips softly again. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"Happy Christmas," I smiled sweetly and he let out a sleepy chuckle.

"Happy Christmas," he muttered, stretching at the same time. He snuggled back down into the pillow, taking my small hand in his and placed a kiss on my knuckles, making me giggle. He then cupped the side of my face in his palm and kissed my lips softly. The kiss lasted a long time.

When we broke apart he stared into my eyes and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Your beautiful you know," he mumbled softly and I rolled my eyes. I let out a grumbling noise as my cheeks turned red and I covered my face with my hands.

It always made Harry smirk, seeing that he could still make me feel like that. How he still made me blush and feel flustered. Even after so many years of being together.

"We should probably go downstairs," he sighed looking over at Ron's bed, "Ron's already downstairs."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at Ron's bed. "Huh," I muttered, "I didn't even hear him leave this morning."

Harry let out a chuckled, shaking his head and got out of bed, putting his pyjamas back on. I turned back over and closed my eyes. I didn't want to go down stairs yet.

"Come on Liz," Harry huffed after a few minutes, "get up."

"No," I mumbled into the pillow, holding onto the covers. He tugged in my feet, causing me to giggle and snuggled down into the bed even more.

"Come on, you've gotta work with me," he chuckled and I groaned taking the covers off myself.

"Fine," I mumbled and stood up, putting my pyjama pants back on.