Exhaling a long breath, I try to convince her, "Tina, please try to understand. He is your friend, what would I do by coming over there? You do know last time, how it turned out to be so awkward. Seriously it felt like third-wheeling."

"Nonsense, it's nothing like that." She counters, waving her hand. "...And he himself insisted me to invite you..."

I furrow my eyebrows at his incredulous invitation, "Why would he do that? Isn't it weird? And he is your friend, not mine."

She shrugs, "I know, but I didn't think too much about it. And besides, Alyosha knows I will be meeting Steven."

My eyebrows rise in conjecture, "And he is okay with that? Cause, from what I know is, every man in this family is overly possessive and it doesn't take much for them to turn into an alpha male when it comes to their better halves."

She giggles, "Well, he is not my better half..."

I roll my eyes, "You are already his better half. Did you forget that you are engaged to him? And soon you will be married to him. So, practically yes, you are his better half." I contend.

"I know...I know...And as you said, he didn't allow me at first, but when I said that you will be accompanying me, he gave in reluctantly."

"What?" I look at her flabbergasted. "When did I agree with that? Khristina you didn't even ask me before vouching my name in front of Alyosha. Poor man might have thought that, if I am accompanying you, that means Zacharias permitted me to go with you and he knows about it." I castigate her for her lie.

She looks not so guilty as mischievousness twinkles in her eyes. "Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen. You are worrying too much. I promise it will be no more than an hour."

I sigh, shaking my head. "You won't give up, would you?"

"Nope" She giggles, popping out the alphabet 'p'.

"Fine, I will ask Zacharias..."

Rolling her eyes, she rests her hands on her hips. "Must you ask everything to Zach?"

"Yes," I reply in an obvious tone. "And also in order to convert your lie into truth, I definitely need his permission."

"Okay, do whatever you want. I am just happy that you will be accompanying me." She says, before trotting out of the room.

"As if I had a choice..." I grumble.

"I heard that..." She shouts.

"It was meant for you to hear..." I retort as she walks out of the room.

Zacharias had gone back to the office today. His injury was almost healed by now. I had a talk with Clementia a day before. She herself had called me to inform that her parents had gained consciousness and were doing well. They will soon be discharged from the hospital in the next couple of days. She also got hold of their home and properties. I was happy to hear that. Happy, that my friend was at last rescued out of her misery.

The next day, as me and Tina walk through the university, she speaks, "I am happy that Zach allowed you to accompany me for lunch."

I scrunch my eyebrows giving her a puzzled look. Her eyes enlarge looking at my perplexed expression.

"Don't tell me, you didn't ask." She says, pointing her look towards me.

"What?" I am still clueless about her behavior.

"Jesus! How could you forget? We were supposed to have lunch with Steven, remember?"

I smack my palm on my forehead, as soon as I realize what she is talking about. "Oh, God! I am so sorry Khristina, it literally slipped out of my mind." Seeing the disappointed look in her eyes, I speak quickly, "Don't worry, I'll call and inform him."