Coming For You

"Did you hear it?"

"Who is he?"

"Who will go?"

"So, no more peace?"

In Ling Xiao Bao Dian, the celestial palace, chaos was reigning while Ju Xin was standing at a silent corner, near the huge window.

"PLEASE BE QUIET!" Zhu Shen, the ruling goddess shouted, sweeping her pitch black long hair back and all deities were silenced. "Much better, thank you," she took her place on the rectangular table and the others followed her example.

"Please enlighten us," Lei Gong said respectfully, yet his grey eyes had a teasing expression.

"Well, Xi Yan, the Ghost King of West was killed in the ghost feast, so the throne went to his general Lan Ye. I sent an invitation to him to discuss the ongoing peace between the three realms, but he responded by setting the Divine Temple on fire."

The deities heaved a sigh and Lei Gong took the word again, "what does he want to lay low?"

"He..." Zhu Shen rubbed the corner of her eye, "he wants to fight with the most worshipped deity among you, otherwise he will release the west of Huang-quan on the living world."

With that remark, the second round of chaos started.

"What if we say no?"

"What if we charge him all together?"

"Shall we just kill him silently?"

"Who is the most devoted one by the way?"

The question silenced them again. They looked at each other with suspicion until Feng Bo, the God of Wind, threw the original copy of the Book of Deities on the table.

"Jin Ben, tell me who has the most worshippers?" Zhu Shen asked softly and the golden book shook tremendously for half an incense stick of time before a piece of golden paper came out of it. Zhu Shen grabbed the paper and announced "Ju Xin."

Lei Gong puffed with disdain while Ju Xin was genuinely surprised. The others were a mixture of disdain and relief.

"As it is not us, can we go now?" Feng Bo asked and Yushi Huang snapped at him immediately.

"How can you be this irresponsible?!"

"He was very 'diligent' about helping people, so he should save them alone," Mu King, the God of Fire snorted.

"He is just a new baby! He can't win the fight!" Yushi Huang tried to talk some sense, but Ju Xin stopped her.

"I will fight him then," he said indifferently, "but can Your Highness lend me a sword?"

Not expecting such an answer from him, the deities were shocked and remained silent as Zhu Shen sighed and said "of course, my brave deity."

After Zhu Shen gifted Ju Xin her most spiritual sword, Jin Huo, he descended to the Kingdom of West where Lan Ye was waiting for him.

Sensing his existence, Lan Ye stood up from the hard ground and dusted off his ocean blue garment. "Finally," he said with a smirk, "I started to think you wouldn't come." Of course he knew the most devoted deity was Ju Xin as he sent millions of spiritual blue leaves to the living world to count the statues.

Ju Xin shrugged while looking at the figure in front of him.

The Ghost King of West was emitting a powerful blue aura although he was assigned as a king recently. He didn't look too young, but probably he was in his twenties when he died. Although the situation wasn't that pleasant, Ju Xin couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked. He had straight black hair reaching his tailbone with a few blue braids in between and his bangs were falling on his pale face. He was tall and slim, but the most striking characteristic of him was his eyes. There were waves in his ocean blue eyes, moving up and down restlessly.