Bumpy roads

Tomas halted in front of a large gated house. He was a little confused as in why Roy was in such an affluent neighbourhood. He may be at one of his part time jobs, he thought to himself.

He saw Roy sitting on the curb outside of the drive way. He was looking aimlessly somewhere and he haven't noticed Tomas stopping his car beside the curb. Tomas couldn't see much of Roy other than his general outline, even then he could see Roy was looking much thinner.

Stopping right in front of him, Tomas rolled down the windows and shouted,

"Dude! Get in"! He regretted it as soon as he said it. He should've just given back the glasses and left.

Roy looked up and got up slowly turning the door knob to get in.

"Long time, no see!" Roy exclaimed getting inside the car.

Tomas wanted to turn the lights on inside the car to examine Roy's face. But he knew it would look weird. He gnawed his teeth and started driving.

A little surprised, Roy asked him;

"Hmm, where are we going to?"

That's only when Tomas realised what he was doing. He should not  have asked Roy to climb in. He should not have started driving. He should not even have come there.

"Ahn.. Amy gave me your glasses. I mean, you left them at the cafe some day."

"Really? I don't remember losing mine."

"Oh, I don't know. She gave me saying you left it there."

"But where are we driving to now?"

"Nowhere. I mean, it's been long, let's catch up."

Silence fell in the car and Tomas started turning at the radio trying to find some music. Since it was night, there were some slow melodies on all the station and those romantic songs started making Tomas more uncomfortable than he already was.

May be sensing his discomfort, Roy chuckled a little bit and said;

"Dude, let that be. You don't have to snatch the radio knob out."

"Argh, no I mean I was just looking for good music", Tomas replied slightly blushing.

"I like slow melodies, they are fine, let it be."

"Where do you want to go to?", Tomas asked suddenly cutting the conversation.

Roy chuckled again and looked towards Tomas slightly turning in his seat.Tomas saw his face for just a little bit from the light of a passing car.

"Fuck!", Tomas muttered to himself.

Roy looked much tanner and his already chiseled cheeks are on another level now. It's like a carpenter sculpted those in the last few months. He grew a small brown stubble and that elevated his full pink lips even further.

Tomas's mouth was agape and he wanted to inspect Roy's face a little longer. But the car was again dark and Roy turned towards his own side, looking slightly confused from Tomas not responding.

He looked towards Tomas again and answered;

"Well, you are the one who asked me to get in, I thought you had a plan."

"Do you just want to go for coffee?" Tomas asked.

"Yes, that sounds like a very good idea in the middle of the night." Roy retorted and Tomas could feel him rolling his eyes at him.

"Okay, okay, I give up! You pick." Tomas replied slightly face palming himself in his head.

"Okay! There is this place I used to go when I was in University. It's a little further from the city. Do you mind driving?"