Figuring out

Tomas woke up when he felt something heavy was moving beside his chest.

He tried to open his eyes and make sense of what was beside him and he was greeted back by the strangeness of an unfamiliar place.

Slowly, he started regaining his memories, fuck, he muttered to himself.

He checked the clock and it was 9 PM. They both had slept peacefully for hours and didn't even realise. He slowly picked up Roy's head from his chest and kept it on a cushion he grabbed from the side and walked outside the room.

He felt guilty and shameful at the same time and he didn't understand what to do about it. He knew it was wrong to leave without saying a word, but Tomas didn't know how to explain what just happened. He needed sometime before he could talk to Roy. He felt so lonely that he didn't have anyone else to talk to about this, he felt an eminent tear starting to form in one corner of his eye.

On his way back, he saw Roy's mom sitting beside Roy's dad with a tea in her hand. They both were calmly watching TV, her head placed towards his dad's shoulder. He understood they both were the parents from the way they sat together, so in love.

"Lucky Roy!", Tomas felt a pang of jealousy and sadness creeping up from somewhere inside him.

"You guys are up? You were sleeping when I came to check on you last.", Roy's mom asked spotting the same smile she had before.

"What the fuck? She saw us like that?"

Tomas felt a blush forming in his cheeks and replied;

"Yes aunty. I don't know how we slept off. Roy is still sleeping. I didn't want to wake him."

His mom gave a very understanding nod and turned towards his dad;

"John, this is Tomas. He is Roy's friend."

Tomas saw the middle aged man getting up and walking towards him. In a lot of ways, Roy reminded of his father. They both were tall and had the same stroke of walk.

"Hello, young man! It's always nice to meet one of Roy's friends!"

One of Roy's friends? So he have a lot of friends that his family know of. He is shy only around me. He suddenly thought of Roy's interaction with Don and he again felt a pang of jealousy forming inside of him. A different one this time.

"I am Tomas. Nice to meet you", Tomas chimed, extending his hands on a warm shake hand.

"You woke up just in time. We are about to have dinner.", It was Roy's mom who now have gotten up from the sofa and walked towards the kitchen and gave orders for the maid to bring food in.

Before Tomas could reject the offer for dinner,

"Yes, young man. Join us for dinner. It's great to have you.", he knew it was impolite to reject their offer.

So he smiled and sat in one of the arm chairs beside him, praying Roy wouldn't wake up before they have dinner. Roy's father sat beside him explaining their family business and asking him about his acting. Tomas learnt that Roy's father run one of the biggest polymer companies in the country. He felt embarrassed of thinking Roy was poor but the harm was already done.

"Sheila, check if Roy is awake. If not, wake him up and bring him down.", he heard Ms. Cicily giving instructions to the house helper.

"Fuck! Exactly what I wanted.", Tomas muttered under his breath trying to look calm and trying to control his raising heartbeats.