Luna

The green scripts that said typing appeared and disappeared for quiet sometime. Roy wanted to shout at it and ask what are you typing. He didn't. He just threw his phone on the bed and closed his eyes. He tried to remember the warmth of the Himalayan foot hills. About his dog companion. About the tea. About his charpoy and the small house in the hill.

***

Tomas repeatedly pressed back on his keyboard until the typing board became blank. He again filled it with words just to repeat the process again. He threw his phone in the bed and stared at the ceiling, he saw Luna's tears staring back at him. He closed his eyes trying to look away, but it kept following him to his sleep too. He knew it's a foreboding of his tears if he eventually managed to send his text to Roy.

***

Luna was on one of her blind dates. It was a date set up by her grandfather. She was impatiently waiting for the guy, thinking of reasons that she could come up with to reject him. She had a couple of dates in the past and all of them were rejected for one or the other reasons. She knew she couldn't keep doing it for long. But may be one more time, that's what she thought for the last date too.

A tall, tan guy entered the cafe. He seemed so sure of himself, walking with such confidence filled with elegance. He slowly walked towards Luna, smiling at her. Reaching her, he politely asked ;

"Luna?" When she nodded in recognition he extended his hands introducing himself. After seeking her permission, he carefully drew the chair opposite to her without making the slightest noise, unbuttoned his blazer buttons and sat down.

"So here we are! I assume this might not be a new thing for you?" He asked inquisitively.

She smiled back at him, replying;

"Yes, I had been in quiet a few of this. How about you?"

"Well, I had been in a very long relationship. I broke up with her an year back. I hadn't met anyone since then."

She didn't want to say anything in response. She smiled back, looking at him in a childish way.

"You didn't have any relationships?"

She contemplated a little before answering. She didn't know if she wanted to be honest with this guy. Then she realised she didn't really care what he thought about her. She gently replied;

"Yes. I had been in a relationship up until recently. We had to break up because of some stuff." She knew her face changing when she tried to say this calmly. The thought of Max brought an evident shade of pain in her face.

He didn't say anything, he just extended his hands at her, slowly rubbing her hands to comfort her. She didn't feel uncomfortable from this stranger touching her. She knew he was just being supportive and trying to help.

"Shall we order something? I shouldn't have had asked these questions in the beginning. Pardon me for my lack of experience at this sort of things." He opened the menu and started looking at the items.

"Have you been here before?", he asked her.

"Yes, I had been here quiet a few times." She replied trying to gather her previous composure.

He closed the menu, again smiling at her.

"So it's a done deal. You pick something for me."

She found this really funny. She let out a chuckle, and asked him quiet childishly.

"Okay, sure. But do you have any allergies or something?"

"Hahah! No. I am a foodie. I mean I like trying new stuff and I do not have any food allergy that I know of. So you can go ahead and choose anything for me, I wouldn't mind."

"What if I make it too spicy?"she asked him raising her eyebrows at him.

"Try me!" He winked at her.

She signed for the waiter and ordered a steak with a side of salad. She asked for the wine menu along with it.

"Okay! I get it! You are playing safe." He chimed at her childishly.

"You can see my unsafe side next time! She said without thinking.

"So there will be a next time?", he asked her grinning.

"Let's see. Let's see if we will make it to the end of this dinner.", she also replied him with the same grin.

***

As soon as she got back home, before even waiting to change her clothes, Luna texted Tomas.

"I met this guy grand dad arranged for. He seems friendly and nice. I think I should see him for sometime. I cannot keep rejecting people. He seems interesting. It may not come to anything, but I think I could at least be friends with him and that would make dad and grand dad a little happy. At least it would make them away from my back for a while."

Tomas replied within a few minutes. It was simple;

"Are you sure?"

She replied;

"I don't know. That's what I think for now. Let's see where it goes."

***

Tomas felt a little calm after the brief exchange with Luna. May be it's possible for him too. Even though, he couldn't forget Roy completely, he could meet someone else and that might help him keep away from the person he wanted to meet and not meet the most.

"I should find somebody", he muttered to himself, pacing around the room.

***

Roy was thinking if he should tell Jasmine about what happened yesterday. After some thought, he calmly picked the phone and deleted Tomas's number without even giving it a second thought. He then proceeded to remove all the pictures of him from phone, the small chat they had, everything that was in his phone that reminded him of Tomas. He should've done it when he returned home itself, but he didn't bother to then, from the calm of retiring home.

Then he sat down and dialled Jasmine's number. She was a little confused at his late call. He used to sleep before this time usually.

Even before she was able to say hello, he heard Roy's voice from the other end.

"Babe, let's do it. Let's sleep together!"